Quick Headlight Queshtion ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before everyone flails me with their dipstick let me apologize in advance for yet another HID thread ... however I did search for this specific brand on the forums and was unable to find a thread specific to these lights.

Aaaaaanyhoot ...

Keeping in mind my penchant for ignorance as to how things work, can anyone advise me as to whether this is a decent brand and/or price to replace my oem headlights:

http://www.protuninglab.com/hid-pro-yd-csub07-hl-c.html

The brand, although not indicated on the page, is Sonar.

I want to keep things as simple as possible and not have to worry about fitment or any other issues. So I was looking for something that can just be easily installed and with no adjustments needed (plug and play).

If these are crap, I would appreciate an alternative.

Thanks and cheers! :)

PS. And if I may impose further ... can someone explain in layman's terms what the 35W 4300K to 12,000K numbers mean?

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

PPS. I was also considering these ANZO ones:

111108.jpg

Monarkk

Banned
Reaction score
Ive never liked these lights, ive seen some aftermarket halo lenses that are super cheaply made and will leek and cause nothing but problems but some members are running both these style of headlights and I think they said good things about them. As for your HID question 4300k-12,000k HID is the temperature in Kelvin that the HIDs burn. The higher the temp the deeper the colour. For example 4300 is basically white no blue tint, 8k is a iceburgy blue, 10k is bright blue/violet and anything above goes into the purple, deep blue, green, red area of the spectrum. Most people run a 4300-10k HID The lower the kelvin level the more light output. As for the ballast 35w will not be as bright as a 55w system but the 55w system washes the color out so a 10k will look like an 8k and so far. I hope this clears some things up for you if not let me know and I can help anyway I can. :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obs_teezy