Questions about debadging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle C.

Reaction score
I have an '02 Yukon and was curious on debadging.. I wanted to take off the badges on the lift gate and the front doors but wasnt sure if they just had an adheisive or if they had drilled holes? How can I get them off? I was thinking just a hair dryer or heat gun if it was just that adheisive stuff but I wasnt sure.. Also what about the door molding, same question.. Any words of wisdom?

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fatory badges on door and lift gate are just adheisive. I am not sure about the moulding.
I did mine on a hot Tx. day with a blowdryer. and some goo gone. Then washed and waxed.
pic. below is before debaging so ignore that.

OP
OP
K

Kyle C.

Reaction score
That what I was plannin on using (goo gone) but then thought twice when I thought they might have drilled holes. Good news man thanks, anyone know anything about the door moulding??

GhostHoe

(r33p1n 1n $h4Ð0w$
Reaction score
That what I was plannin on using (goo gone) but then thought twice when I thought they might have drilled holes. Good news man thanks, anyone know anything about the door moulding??

The door molding is stuck on exactly the same as the badges.

Just get a heat gun and rip those bitches off.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a hair dryer, goo gone and some fishing line to get the badges off..... worked real well for me... then clean the goo gone off and i compounded and waxed it because there was a slight variance in color

OP
OP
K

Kyle C.

Reaction score
I used a hair dryer, goo gone and some fishing line to get the badges off..... worked real well for me... then clean the goo gone off and i compounded and waxed it because there was a slight variance in color

NICE, the fishing line is a killer idea! I'm gonna try to get at it this weekend.

Thanks everybody!

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you might want to wear some gloves if you're going to use the fishing line. it'll cut up your fingers.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vatahoelt GOOD CALL... i forgot to metion that... i did the first badge and cut the shit out of my fingers... then i put on some mech. gloves and finished the job...

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get some of those non scratch blue scrub pads for the left over goo. Worked well for me with the goo gone. Ive heard the side molding can come off funky some times(taking some paint with or leaving wear marks on the older trucks). Good luck!

Chaos07

Reaction score
yeah when i took off my mouldings around the wheels there was scratches into the paint but you cant tell unless ur up close lookin i plan on repainting it sooner or later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA