Question re: Yukon AT4 stock tire & wheel weight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the OEM Rims and Tires weigh and at what point any change tire + wheel weight has an impact on performance/fuel economy?

Thanks!

Steve

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the specifics you're asking about but when we had nitto ridge grapplers put on our yukon I noticed a slight decrease in fuel milage. It's been 1 mpg less but as the engine gets more miles on it the mileage seems to actually be improving. Did not change the factory rims, just tires

OP
OP
S

SC27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the specifics you're asking about but when we had nitto ridge grapplers put on our yukon I noticed a slight decrease in fuel milage. It's been 1 mpg less but as the engine gets more miles on it the mileage seems to actually be improving. Did not change the factory rims, just tires
Thanks @R32driver I would expect decrease in mileage assuming heavier setups but good to know it may not be anything too wild

Reddevil96

Reaction score
my best guess without pulling a wheel off and grabbing the bathroom scale is about 60-70lbs. OE wheels usually are not light, and big light truck tires range from 35- 45lbs depending on brand and specifics.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the OEM Rims and Tires weigh and at what point any change tire + wheel weight has an impact on performance/fuel economy?

Thanks!

Steve
If you go online and look up the stock tire you should be able to find the tire weight of the stock tires as a starting point. I know the stock Bridgestone 275/50/22 are about 42lbs a piece without the wheel. I know that won't compare to the AT4 tire given the heavier tread and larger side wall but is a good reference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts