question on ordering front wheel bearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonSLT1016

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im looking to order front wheel bearing on my 2003 yukon slt , when trying to order i noticed so many different options - rwd,fwd or 4 wd , i know my truck had 4wd and is a 6 stud hub . which is the right option to order ?

Ont240

Reaction score
im looking to order front wheel bearing on my 2003 yukon slt , when trying to order i noticed so many different options - rwd,fwd or 4 wd , i know my truck had 4wd and is a 6 stud hub . which is the right option to order ?
Use the Rockauto website. They usually spell out all the variations well and give oem part numbers to cross reference.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto and NAPA are my most trusted parts sources, when it comes to correctly picking parts that are correct for my vehicles.

I have had some misses, online and even at the counter, at other national chain auto parts stores...

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i assume it is supposed to read rwd, awd, or 4wd.

if you have a pic or at least a description we could probably tell you which you need. but the short answer would be 2wd or not, otherwise the awd and 4wd should be the same.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on availability...
Timken or Moog would be my top 2, if AC Delco was not available or just too expensive.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'll give you the low down - this guy replaced his OEM hub on a Hummer H3 with a Moog, went bad 1000 miles later, replaced again, went bad AGAIN around the same time, replaced with Timken after some more research.

I'm not an expert, and am only researching myself, but this video did make me stop and think twice about Moog. There have been some posts here about how they've outsourced to China and their quality has gone down, at least on the lower lines. I am still considering the upper lines, so, who knows.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ACDELCO 84856655

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another video about Timken selling a bearing made by someone else - that was bad out of the box. Dangit.

SKF anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e