Question for those that have done this mod…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdjbd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Suburban LS with OEM-style replacement mirrors. The original factory mirrors were powered but not heated. When I replaced the original mirrors, I bought Powered and Heated mirrors even though I was repeatedly told the Heat function would not work since that wasn’t part of the original mirror features. Except they work perfect.

I’m thinking of replacing the mirrors again due to their age. Has anybody replaced the OEM powered-only mirrors and added the Signal feature? Will they absolutely not function since that wasn’t an original mirror feature? Or has anyone replaced their mirrors with the over-sized Towing Mirrors, Powered, Heated and Turn features on a Suburban that was only Powered?

Thank-you

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you look at RA at the options, the harness connector is typically different shape and colors depending on the options.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@OR VietVet is correct. I looked add this when I needed to replace my driver side heated, dimming and adjustable mirrors on my 2002 Tahoe years ago. From my research the addition of turn signals requires routing additional wires to add that feature to the mirrors. It is doable, but a good amount of work. In my opinion - not worth it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My 03 only had pwr/heated mirrors. I added power fold and blinkers.
This is the original master switch on the bottom, powerfold on the top.20180608_164456.jpg
More-20180608_172924.jpg20180608_165744.jpg
Not 100%, but I think they'd work with your original master switch.
And if you wanted to switch to powerfold too, get some from the junkyard along with the passenger window switch and the master switch with the power mirror switch that lights up
20180608_170206.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts