Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Siems13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just took my 22 Denali to the dealership this weekend to replace the sensor I ordered on Memorial Day weekend. However, the issue was not fixed. My service advisor told me that GM released a service bulletin out for this issue August 3rd saying not to replace the sensor, but he did anyways because it was already ordered. Supposedly there is currently no fix either
Mine is getting replaced today also. My sensor was ordered first part of June. Dealer didn't say anything about a service bulletin. I will report back on whether it works or not. I had been using electrical tape someone recommended in this forum, and it works most of the time. Guess if the new sensor doesn't solve the problem, I'll go back to using my electrical tape. So ridiculous to have these issues on such an expensive vehicle!

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22 Yukon SLT was replaced back on April 20th and has been working perfect as it should since then.

LolaB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is getting replaced today also. My sensor was ordered first part of June. Dealer didn't say anything about a service bulletin. I will report back on whether it works or not. I had been using electrical tape someone recommended in this forum, and it works most of the time. Guess if the new sensor doesn't solve the problem, I'll go back to using my electrical tape. So ridiculous to have these issues on such an expensive vehicle!
Right!?!?

972sparky

Reaction score
Just took my 22 Denali to the dealership this weekend to replace the sensor I ordered on Memorial Day weekend. However, the issue was not fixed. My service advisor told me that GM released a service bulletin out for this issue August 3rd saying not to replace the sensor, but he did anyways because it was already ordered. Supposedly there is currently no fix either
Stopped by the dealer today and asked the service manager t look into this issue. He looked it up and said there is a tsb issued 8/11/22 that is a reprogramming of the control module. Going to have it done during my 1st service when it comes due. No parts involved so no back order issues or batch numbers to worry about.
should have asked for the tsb number.

tuandan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced the original 13545621 with the 13529378 last night (that does appear to have an older serial #) and I had headlights off and DRL's on the entire ride in this morning in the sun. Headlights were on in the garage as well as testing by putting hand over sensor. Also put flashlight on sensor and headlights went off. Form, fit, function seem to be the same, pin configuration matched, so this does seem to be a viable option.

Note, for the swap, I started with taking the dash panel off with some trim tools and some of the clips were really tight as I got closer to the windshield. Could envision something cracking or breaking a clip. I aborted that, put some painters tape on the dash right next to the sensor and pried it up with a small flat head screw driver. Popped up easily once I got under it and plenty of slack in the wiring to comfortably pull it out a bit to unclip the connector.

Original on the left, replacement on the right.
Thank you so much for this. This was the perfect fix for mine. I don't know the build date for it but it was approximately around early or mid June. It is a Z71 Suburban.

I had to call at least 10 dealers/parts dept to get the 13529378. Got lucky and found one with a really really old SN. No one else had it nor could anyone else order the 13545621. I am in the Tampa Bay area in FL.

Hopefully GM will be able to resolve this for owners who are having the issue.

Lemondeanli2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check my previous post. Probably on previous page. Tape mod is probably 80-85% efficient.
Update here. I just spoke to the dealership. They called me to follow up. Technician emailed GM directly. GM came back and said that it’s not a sensor part issue, it’s a software issue and GM is working on a update to the system that will take place reprogramming the sensor. GM is aware of numerous cases. They will advise once an update is available.

Follow up to the tape. I put the tape on the back half of the sensor all the way across it, works fine.
I’m at GMC dealership service Dept .
I came 2 days ago and they told me it works as it should : daytime headlights and running light automatically turn on and at night we have to manually turn on. I told them that is dumb and if it’s the case they didn’t think it through .
Well I’m back today same problem and guess what ? They have a GMC bulletin describing my complaint .
They told me it’s a software issue .
So we will see what BS they tell me today .

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m at GMC dealership service Dept .
I came 2 days ago and they told me it works as it should : daytime headlights and running light automatically turn on and at night we have to manually turn on. I told them that is dumb and if it’s the case they didn’t think it through .
Well I’m back today same problem and guess what ? They have a GMC bulletin describing my complaint .
They told me it’s a software issue .
So we will see what BS they tell me today .
It is a software issue...and last I knew, there was no fix released yet.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this. This was the perfect fix for mine. I don't know the build date for it but it was approximately around early or mid June. It is a Z71 Suburban.

I had to call at least 10 dealers/parts dept to get the 13529378. Got lucky and found one with a really really old SN. No one else had it nor could anyone else order the 13545621. I am in the Tampa Bay area in FL.

Hopefully GM will be able to resolve this for owners who are having the issue.
You're welcome! Just hang onto your original sensor. If there's a software update down the road, as the other guys have eluded to, that fixes the issue who knows if the old sensor will still work. So may need to swap your original back in :thumbsup:

tuandan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're welcome! Just hang onto your original sensor. If there's a software update down the road, as the other guys have eluded to, that fixes the issue who knows if the old sensor will still work. So may need to swap your original back in :thumbsup:
Yes, sir. Saw the comment on that too so holding on to the factory sensor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157