Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merkava

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another Yukon fixed via BCM recalibration. They couldn't see a TSB# for my AT4's vin nor would it throw error codes so techs think it's working right. But tech could see a calibration update to install which I showed n told manager these posts when scheduling appointment and when I got there. He made the tech do it and its finally, at last, fixed. Others in Dallas Ft.Worth with this problem call Eric he's the drive manager at Classic GMC in Arlington they now know how to fix you up quicker than me.

leeatxluddite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks to all who have helped identify the problem. 3 trips and 6 days at dealership with a sensor swap didn't fix it. Initially said it was working as intended, but it was under a service awning and not in direct sunlight. Waiting for another sensor but will let service advisor know about TSB PIT5936A for reprograming. Ordered my 2022 Suburban Diesel in October 2021, delivered in June of 2022 and in shop different times July and August 2022. Still driving my 2012 Suburban (150,000 miles) while waiting fix. Now have 600 miles on 2022. I made a small "tent" to cover the sensor and that seems to work adequately.
BTW, I ordered a Wheatland Yellow Suburban . . . it was delivered in Black.

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so as everybody knows the sensor is on intergalactic back order. What I found does work is black electrical tape. Cut a piece about 1.5” long and place it right on the sensor. Works like a charm. DRL stay on in the sun and HL come on in the dark.
Covering the entire sensor, or just the middle of it?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen to those of us that have had the sensor replaced when the dealer upgrades the BCM to the latest version? Will the replacement still work as it does after the fix?

leeatxluddite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FOLLOW UP COMMENT. Dealership changing the sensor did not correct problem. After advising the dealership service representative (on my 4th visit) of the TSB I found on this forum for the headlight/DRL issue, they rescheduled me for service while I WAITED. Sure enough, the upload of the "fix" cured the issue on my 2022 Suburban Diesel. Thanks folks!!!

eugenewats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All - obviously Im dealing with the same issue on my 2022 Suburban (purchased in early July 2022) as others. I visited and called all the dealers around the Austin/San Antonio area and described the situation and the solution and all have said they will need to keep the car for several days to diagnose it for what sounds like a 30 minute fix. Is this the case with everyone else? Secondly is the software bump something which can only be done at a GM dealer? Thanks guys, super helpful forum.

Merkava

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got that same story. Complain, get with a manager, get them to take care of you personally. Just the service reps would blow me off was my experience several times before. I decided to remote work from the dealership that morning to have that presence there so they didn't just push me back and not work on it. Yeah seems this is only a dealer web based fix at least at this time. They had to download it and install it took them about 45 minutes after waiting hour n half for them to do their diagnostic screening for the tech to find nothing but see a recalibration install to do.

Aviator_386

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my sensor replaced last week and it didn’t correct it. I had a follow up yesterday to perform the #PIT5936A Headlights on during daylight condition DTC B108E. This corrected the problem and my headlights function as designed.

I showed my service advisor the TSB mentioned earlier and he copied it verbatim to the work order. Thank you to who ever found this, I truly appreciate it as the dealership was clueless on how to correct this.

Yukon_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda the middle. It worked 80% of the time. I found a replacement sensor on eBay that fixed the problem.
The tape worked for me - as you said, about 80% of the time. This has been an issue since I bought this 22Yukon SLE. I know what might be said next, but I also had the entire windshield ceramic tinted at 40% but this had happened even before that was done. With black interior the heat rejection from this tint is huge for me, and I will not go back to no tint, anyway I ended up finding the part # 13545621 off of some GMParts web site for just under $10 then shipping made it total of $17 - I replaced it in about 5-7 min. today and it ran for the rest of the day as intended. DRL's on in the day, when it was getting dark, and with some heavy rain clouds moving in, the headlights kick on as it should. Even in a partially shaded carport, the DRL's stayed on as desired (during day time). I dare say that the issue is now resolved without the BCM flash.

Ambient_Sensor.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh