Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m frustrated for you guys.

Wonder what the dealers would say if someone with a ‘21 comes in and tells them they have a malfunction because only the drl’s are on in bright sunlight. Would they try to “correct”’ it so the headlights come on too?

SCiesie154

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Moran Auto just cancelled my sensor order, said it was on back order from GM with no eta.

sanman28

Reaction score
Not sure why you guys let them control the narrative. Show them this pic and ask them when the vehicle is supposed to look like this.

GIIOST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Replaced the original 13545621 with the 13529378 last night (that does appear to have an older serial #) and I had headlights off and DRL's on the entire ride in this morning in the sun. Headlights were on in the garage as well as testing by putting hand over sensor. Also put flashlight on sensor and headlights went off. Form, fit, function seem to be the same, pin configuration matched, so this does seem to be a viable option.

Note, for the swap, I started with taking the dash panel off with some trim tools and some of the clips were really tight as I got closer to the windshield. Could envision something cracking or breaking a clip. I aborted that, put some painters tape on the dash right next to the sensor and pried it up with a small flat head screw driver. Popped up easily once I got under it and plenty of slack in the wiring to comfortably pull it out a bit to unclip the connector.

Original on the left, replacement on the right.
After 3 sensor replacements, I finally ordered the 2018 Camaro sensor and it worked. No more problems. It’s the same sensor ou recommended. Thanks.

972sparky

Reaction score
Well, at about 150 miles on the new premier, produced week of 6/20/22, I have the headlights on in the bright sunshine, cover the sensor and the DRL’s come on and the lights go out. Sound familiar to anyone? Will try the dealer next week first but not optimistic. Was hoping it was a batch in the March April time frame but looks like it goes thru June at least with the bad sensors.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Produced week of 6/6, same issue. Just haven't had the time to go back to the dealer to have it addressed yet. I'm trying to take a good video/pictures of it prior to going in, just incase the vehicle decides it wants to act properly before getting serviced. But like you, I am not getting my hopes up of the dealer fixing it, and coming back with "everything is working fine"

LolaB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update here. I just spoke to the dealership. They called me to follow up. Technician emailed GM directly. GM came back and said that it’s not a sensor part issue, it’s a software issue and GM is working on a update to the system that will take place reprogramming the sensor. GM is aware of numerous cases. They will advise once an update is available.

Follow up to the tape. I put the tape on the back half of the sensor all the way across it, works fine.

LolaB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just took my 22 Denali to the dealership this weekend to replace the sensor I ordered on Memorial Day weekend. However, the issue was not fixed. My service advisor told me that GM released a service bulletin out for this issue August 3rd saying not to replace the sensor, but he did anyways because it was already ordered. Supposedly there is currently no fix either

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are your service advisors saying when you show them the Owner's Manual pages posted in #142 (above)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9