Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrell

Reaction score
I brought my '22 Yukon to the local dealer this morning to get this resolved per a TSB which was recently published on 11 Aug. I learned about the TSB and the TSB # by calling the dealer I bought from (but is far away from me). Local service advisor had no idea about the issue and wasn't able to find it in a search by the TSB # I gave him. Not sure if he searched correctly or not but we were eventually able to find it. For anyone else trying to get this issue addressed, below is the TSB info. After having this addressed, my lights appear to be functioning correctly now!

#PIT5936A: Headlights On During Daylight Condition DTC B108E - (Aug 11, 2022)

Subject: Headlights On During Daylight Condition DTC B108E

Condition: Some customers may notice during daylight conditions that the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL's) are not on and that the low beam headlamps are on. Upon further inspection, technicians may find a DTC B108E set for the Ambient Light Sensor signal.

Cause: The cause of this condition could be an issue with the BCM calibration.

Correction:
GM engineering has released new updated BCM calibrations to address this issue. To correct this condition, reprogram the BCM with the latest calibrations available in Service Programming Systems (SPS).

Warranty Information:
For vehicles repaired under the Bumper-to-Bumper coverage (Canada Base Warranty coverage), use the following labor operation. Reference the Applicable Warranties section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) for coverage information.

Labor Operation: 2810215

Description: Body Control Module Reprogramming with SPS

Labor Time: Use Published Time

Merkava

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GMC dealership near me couldn't find that TSB# on my Yukon. The manager says he knew what the issue I was talking about yet couldn't see any reports on it. Setup an appointment for them to look at it next week, fingers crossed.

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
GMC dealership near me couldn't find that TSB# on my Yukon. The manager says he knew what the issue I was talking about yet couldn't see any reports on it. Setup an appointment for them to look at it next week, fingers crossed.
Just got my Yukon last week and I'm having the same issue. Going Monday fingers crossed they can do the above without issue.

imfrogman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up my suburban 3 weeks ago, same issue. I purchased this from ebay and worked perfectly.
Beats dealing with the dealership for me.

GrahamB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appointment tomorrow to get BCM updated. Hopefully it will finally fix this annoying issue. I'll report back tomorrow after I've had me sanity tested by the Cubans down in Miami

GrahamB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I brought my '22 Yukon to the local dealer this morning to get this resolved per a TSB which was recently published on 11 Aug. I learned about the TSB and the TSB # by calling the dealer I bought from (but is far away from me). Local service advisor had no idea about the issue and wasn't able to find it in a search by the TSB # I gave him. Not sure if he searched correctly or not but we were eventually able to find it. For anyone else trying to get this issue addressed, below is the TSB info. After having this addressed, my lights appear to be functioning correctly now!

#PIT5936A: Headlights On During Daylight Condition DTC B108E - (Aug 11, 2022)

Subject: Headlights On During Daylight Condition DTC B108E

Condition: Some customers may notice during daylight conditions that the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL's) are not on and that the low beam headlamps are on. Upon further inspection, technicians may find a DTC B108E set for the Ambient Light Sensor signal.

Cause: The cause of this condition could be an issue with the BCM calibration.

Correction:
GM engineering has released new updated BCM calibrations to address this issue. To correct this condition, reprogram the BCM with the latest calibrations available in Service Programming Systems (SPS).

Warranty Information:
For vehicles repaired under the Bumper-to-Bumper coverage (Canada Base Warranty coverage), use the following labor operation. Reference the Applicable Warranties section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) for coverage information.

Labor Operation: 2810215

Description: Body Control Module Reprogramming with SPS

Labor Time: Use Published Time

Went to the dealer today to get the BCM updated. Showed them this post and they downloaded and installed the software. All seems to be working correctly now.

My vehicle is a 2022 Yukon XL Denali. Turns out it also works for my friends Suburban who was having the exact same issue in Michigan. Truly appreciate everyones help and advice on this issue over the past few weeks. Good luck to all

Tyrell

Reaction score
Went to the dealer today to get the BCM updated. Showed them this post and they downloaded and installed the software. All seems to be working correctly now.

My vehicle is a 2022 Yukon XL Denali. Turns out it also works for my friends Suburban who was having the exact same issue in Michigan. Truly appreciate everyones help and advice on this issue over the past few weeks. Good luck to all
Glad it helped you out!

Vinnoto1

Reaction score
Just got my Yukon last week and I'm having the same issue. Going Monday fingers crossed they can do the above without issue.
Went to dealer, brought them the directions posted above and was in and out in 30 min. Headlights working correctly now, just needed the BCM recalibrated.

Aviator_386

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this earlier. I just picked up my new Yukon xl from service and they replaced part 13545621 and I still have the same issue. They said they were going to escalate the issue. Now with this information, I can hopefully just have the BCM recalibrated.