question about diving in 4wd on the highway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way to get drive mode on the hud, I don’t think. Depending on which dash config you choose, the drive mode indicator moves…but it’s still small…it would be ideal if it changed color when in 4WD, agree.

You know now, bet you don’t do again. Grandpa always said, “Good judgement comes from experience. Experience, comes from bad judgement.”
it does not even appear that the 4wd button lights up when you push it..

that331racer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove back from a ski trip in my 2023 Denali and forgot to remove it from 4wd when I got out of the snow. I wound up driving about 60 miles at 50-70 mph in 4wd back home. Is this bad for the rig? I know it is not ideal, but do I risk damage of any kind when this happens?
I did this with my Tahoe, except in auto, but it would keep It in four wheel. I did for far too long, but I somehow don't have any damage to the transfer case.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove back from a ski trip in my 2023 Denali and forgot to remove it from 4wd when I got out of the snow. I wound up driving about 60 miles at 50-70 mph in 4wd back home. Is this bad for the rig? I know it is not ideal, but do I risk damage of any kind when this happens?
You would have noticed it if you did severe damage. I inadvertently drove my Z-71 45 miles on paved roads at highway speeds in 4Hi, including several stops and 90 degree turns. It made a loud noise when I turned into my driveway. I had destroyed the front diff!

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any new noise that wasn’t there before if you drive in auto? If not, you may have dodged a bullet but there is a pretty good chance you caused damage driving in 4 HI.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any new noise that wasn’t there before if you drive in auto? If not, you may have dodged a bullet but there is a pretty good chance you caused damage driving in 4 HI.
no new noises seems fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts