Quality LED in Denali Projector housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
Vanquish auto should be banned! I don't appreciate him trying to push his hids off on me, and he does not seem to understand that i don't want to dick around with hids. I'll just stay with my basic halogen bulbs if I can't find a LED kit that works well in these older projector housings..........

Hello Miguel , very sorry for making you feel like we were pushing any of our products on to you. Our bad! I would like to make it up to you, I was trying to find a truck like yours locally to do a review on hid vs led. The only real downfall of the led on projectors is that you give up a good amount of light output. I'm personally not ok with this but it's up to the customer. You could also look into a retrofit and we also provide this service, again not pushing our services.

We are just trying to help! ;)

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not too bad on the cutoff but it looks a little dim, are you able to see ok at night with them? Maybe it's just the picture, I'm quoting W8TVI's picture.

View attachment 85078
Yeah, I can see OK at night.
I was hoping that the LEDs would end up looking noticeably brighter than my 9011 HIR bulbs.

When I first was installing the LEDs, I put them in both the high and low position on the driver side, and shined them on the wall and they looked just a little bit brighter than the 9011 HIR bulbs.

I think they would work better in the high beam.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
That is correct, thus the reason for us not using them on main driving headlights yet. In fact here is a comparison of our best bixenon hid projectors vs the new iLED bi-led projectors that are twice more expensive. Our current LED version would definitely be brighter but you still give up a lot of light output. We will be posting reviews soon comparing them in depth.

But you can see where I'm coming from with this picture below, and these are actual projectors, not just the led conversion kit.

IMG_0638.JPG IMG_0636.JPG IMG_0635.JPG Bi-Xenon Vs Bi-LED.001.jpeg

Bixenon HID Projectors on the left vs the Bi-LED Projectors on the right. The new led projectors are twice more expensive and you can tell from the pictures they are far from performing like the hid projectors. You can see the beam pattern is much more narrower, there is a big hot spot and they are not as half bright. Light output is also lost tremendously.

Please let us know any specific pictures or reviews you would like us to show. What do you guys think?

Bi-Xenon Vs Bi-LED.001.jpeg

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LEDs I put in my projectors gives me the same pattern as the stock halogen bulbs. They look pretty much like the ones on the left.

I don't know what is in the pictures on the left, but those look like crap, and are obviously the wrong bulb for the application.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not too bad on the cutoff but it looks a little dim, are you able to see ok at night with them? Maybe it's just the picture, I'm quoting W8TVI's picture.

View attachment 85078

Just to make it clear, I put the camera on manual mode and adjusted the photo so you could see the parts of the beam better.
This photo here is exposed like the camera wanted to expose it on auto:
20170622_005419.jpg
That's why I adjusted the settings to show it like this:

20170622_005410.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada