[Q] 2 in RC lift + tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stag1928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What I'm trying to do is set up my '00 Yukon for moderate offroading in and around Phoenix. Everything is stock now. Currently looking at this 2 in leveling kit and some pirelli MT/R's. I'm not looking to dump a ton of money as the truck is only worth a couple grand in its present state. That being said, I think I should be able to net 4in of add'tl clearance (leveling kit + 2 inches larger diameter tires) but would that be sufficient for some recreational offroading? Would the stock wheels work? I'd like to avoid buying new wheels, hence the Pirelli's. Also would the stock driveshaft be long enough?

Thanks!

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-273n2.html
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/pirelli-scorpion-mt-r-with-kevlar/p/27096

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm trying to do is set up my '00 Yukon for moderate offroading in and around Phoenix. Everything is stock now. Currently looking at this 2 in leveling kit and some pirelli MT/R's. I'm not looking to dump a ton of money as the truck is only worth a couple grand in its present state. That being said, I think I should be able to net 4in of add'tl clearance (leveling kit + 2 inches larger diameter tires) but would that be sufficient for some recreational offroading? Would the stock wheels work? I'd like to avoid buying new wheels, hence the Pirelli's. Also would the stock driveshaft be long enough?

Thanks!

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/pirelli-scorpion-mt-r-with-kevlar/p/27096
solid option on the lift. if you wanted you could skip the shocks and just buy keys and the same size coil spacers than come with the kit. your driveshaft should be fine. the leveling kit would add around 2 inches not 4 because tires dont add lift. id look at other tire brands though(bf goodrich, cooper would be good for the money) i didnt even know pirelli had mud tires and im constantly looking at tires. id suggest a hybrid mud tire because its quieter on the road and phoenix doesnt get much mud anyways. i have a similar leveling kit to the one youre looking at and ive had no problem offroad, just make sure you have skid plates

huffster329

Reaction score

Thanks!

I actually have that exact kit for sale. I had it on my Tahoe for roughly 20,000 miles. I'll give you a great deal on it. With this leveling kit I was running BF Goodrich AT's 275/70R18 on 2013 Z71 wheels. You could definitely run the stock wheels with a bigger tire.

OP
OP
S

Stag1928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
solid option on the lift. if you wanted you could skip the shocks and just buy keys and the same size coil spacers than come with the kit. your driveshaft should be fine. the leveling kit would add around 2 inches not 4 because tires dont add lift. id look at other tire brands though(bf goodrich, cooper would be good for the money) i didnt even know pirelli had mud tires and im constantly looking at tires. id suggest a hybrid mud tire because its quieter on the road and phoenix doesnt get much mud anyways. i have a similar leveling kit to the one youre looking at and ive had no problem offroad, just make sure you have skid plates
That could work and probably be cheaper, though I need to contact RC about purchasing just those. Also the Pirelli's may be mainly in European markets from what I can tell. Mainly looking for something with a thicker tire wall than the Cooper H/Ts I've got now.

I actually have that exact kit for sale. I had it on my Tahoe for roughly 20,000 miles. I'll give you a great deal on it. With this leveling kit I was running BF Goodrich AT's 275/70R18 on 2013 Z71 wheels. You could definitely run the stock wheels with a bigger tire.

I might be interested in that. I need to get some prices on the install before hand though. I don't have the tools or knowledge for this to be a painless DIY job.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could work and probably be cheaper, though I need to contact RC about purchasing just those. Also the Pirelli's may be mainly in European markets from what I can tell. Mainly looking for something with a thicker tire wall than the Cooper H/Ts I've got now.

I might be interested in that. I need to get some prices on the install before hand though. I don't have the tools or knowledge for this to be a painless DIY job.
You can contact rough country and ask them how tall the spacers are. They just buy spacers on eBay of the same material. Check out the Toyo RT. A little pricey but a great tire

Brad poiencot

Reaction score
How much are you asking for your kit and where are you located?

OP
OP
S

Stag1928

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can contact rough country and ask them how tall the spacers are. They just buy spacers on eBay of the same material. Check out the Toyo RT. A little pricey but a great tire

Off chance do you know what size tires can fit without issue? I.e. 30 inch diameter. Wondering if I can run something like the general AT2 on stock suspension. Those are more towards my price range

Last edited:

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off chance do you know what size tires can fit without issue? I.e. 30 inch diameter. Wondering if I can run something like the general AT2 on stock suspension. Those are more towards my price range
I'm running a 33 tall, 285 wide. I've only rubbed once. No trimming, but you might want to trim a little to be safe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins