Put a system in my hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chunney

Reaction score
Stage 1.

Started small since I'm on a budget. So far I have:

Memphis M Class 15-MCC6 Components
Memphis M3 15" in a ported box
Memphis M Class 300.2 amp for mids/highs
Memphis M class 500.2 amp bridged for sub
2 4ga power wires

Had to dremel the **** out of the door panel and build some ghetto rings to offset the woofers in the doors. Built an amp rack to hold both amps and both crossovers. Everything fits neatly under the back seats. I'll have pics of the amp setup tomorrow as it was pitch black outside by the time I got the amp rack done and everything wired up. All in all it sounds AMAZING. I was going for sound quality and I don't think it gets much better than this. I'm not able to hear any distortion at full volume and the bass is just right.

By spring I should have an SPL/SQ MONSTER.

0828091031.gif
0828091034.gif
0829091613.gif

Pic of the whip freshly debadged:

0821091545.gif

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score

Not trying to be a dick here but idk how your planning on going for spl with only 1 sub in what looks to be a pre-fab box. Other then that looks like your off to a good start. What eq's are you using and where are you locating your tweeters and what about time delay?

OP
OP
C

chunney

Reaction score

Not trying to be a dick here but idk how your planning on going for spl with only 1 sub in what looks to be a pre-fab box. Other then that looks like your off to a good start. What eq's are you using and where are you locating your tweeters and what about time delay?

I don't have the money right now so this is what I have to work with. I hope to have two mojo 15s and a mojo 4kw amp. I'll need a 2nd alternator/dual batt/big cap setup first. Tweeters are in the factory location but I'm planning on doing something with the A-pillar in the future. As far as an equalizer I'm currently not running one but that will be the next thing I'm going to invest in after a new head unit.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
oh lol i know how that goes. Im saving up for my new set up. Of 12 brand new subs. 3 brand new amps. 5 new batterys. 6 new mid bass drivers and 4 new tweeters. Also a new deck and eq and epicenter and all new 0 gauge wiring and rcas lol its only gonna cost ME 2500 haha.

But back on subject. What kind/size box are you gonna use/build? Any more plans for highs? Rear doors or other ? And lol the big question. What kind of alternator/ battery combo are you gonna run?

OP
OP
C

chunney

Reaction score
Not too sure on the box. I have a hookup locally for memphis equipment and I was planning on having them build me the box if I do end up going with 2 Mojos. As far as the highs I'm not quite sure what else I'll do other than moving the tweeters to the A-pillar. I planned on putting a second set of components in the rear but they talked me out of it because it would ruin the staging. Currently all I have are the front running with the rear doors and rear roof speakers unhooked.

Power wise I'm not sure what I'll run. I cant find a dual alternator kit for a 95 tahoe only the 96 and up. I don't know too much about all this as this is my first time doing it so I have a LOT of research to do before I can answer that question.

qlc1964

qlc1964
Reaction score
you will have to make the bracket for the dual alt like i did.

i bought a slab of steel and took it to a body shop to cut the
curves out. it wasn't hard to do

Attachments

• yukon.jpg
    yukon.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
C

chunney

Reaction score
you will have to make the bracket for the dual alt like i did.

i bought a slab of steel and took it to a body shop to cut the
curves out. it wasn't hard to do

I would like to find a kit. If I make my own bracket finding a belt will be hit or miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n