Purple Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tankueray

Reaction score
Woman here, giving away one of our secret weapons....

I use Krud Kutter for almost everything. It's great to clean your stove, oven and turkey fryer, gets nasty burned wood residue out of my laser cutter beds (steel and aluminum), cleaned the gross, greasy rear carpet out of my donor parts truck, and I used it on a Z71 wheel two weeks ago with no ill effect. I've even used it to get grease stains out of my jeans.

I buy it concentrated by the gallon at Lowe's or Home Depot; Wal-Mart and grocery stores carry it too. I buy plastic spray bottles at Dollar Tree and mix to whatever ratio I need for the job. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Krud-Ku...oncentrated-Cleaner-Degreaser-KK012/202525368

There's a good pic in my build thread where I used it to clean leather seats (50% dilution), then coconut milk shampoo or saddle soap, and finally 303 Aerospace protectant.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`ve been using ZEP Heavy duty citrus degreaser an an old farmer told me about it. He used it to clean up his old tractor before he painted it and said it cut through years of crap easily. I`ve only used it on light grease and oil and it works great.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ZEP-128-oz-Heavy-Duty-Citrus-Degreaser-ZUCIT128/100676344
I use a lot of zep products.

That stuff is serious and can be cut like 10 to 1 for medium duty or 4 to 1 for pretty heavy jobs. I never use it 100%

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woman here, giving away one of our secret weapons....

I use Krud Kutter for almost everything. It's great to clean your stove, oven and turkey fryer, gets nasty burned wood residue out of my laser cutter beds (steel and aluminum), cleaned the gross, greasy rear carpet out of my donor parts truck, and I used it on a Z71 wheel two weeks ago with no ill effect. I've even used it to get grease stains out of my jeans.

I buy it concentrated by the gallon at Lowe's or Home Depot; Wal-Mart and grocery stores carry it too. I buy plastic spray bottles at Dollar Tree and mix to whatever ratio I need for the job. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Krud-Ku...oncentrated-Cleaner-Degreaser-KK012/202525368

There's a good pic in my build thread where I used it to clean leather seats (50% dilution), then coconut milk shampoo or saddle soap, and finally 303 Aerospace protectant.

Alternatively....oven cleaner works pretty good for cleaning engine blocks

Boyd

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents worth. That stuff works wonders on carpet, vinyl, plastic etc. BUT, it will etch anything metal or painted. I used it a few years ago on my motor and the engine bay was never the same.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's aluminum parts on our engines and there's no way to make sure that stuff is all washed off afterwards, there could be pools of it so I definitely won't be using it. I find the citrus based stuff works good, with a pressure wash and foam application after.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use ZEP 505 or citrus or meguiars heavy degreaser. I put it in my foam cannon on the 4 parts water to 1 setting ish on my pressure washer and lather it up real good. I hit the obvious stuff with a stiff bristle brush and then pressure wash it off. This is more so I dont get hit in the face with gunk as often while working on it then it is to make it look super pretty. I have hit plastics with aerospace 303 in the past and that looks real nice.

I clean out the foam cannon real good after that as you dont really want a ton of that stuff on your paint...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman