Purchase a 2015 LT with 50k miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fla904

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2015 Tahoe LT at net direct for 45k dollars. It has brand new mud terrains and a brand new lift kit, beautiful Tahoe. Feel free to check it out (the black one). My main concern is purchasing a 2015 with 50k miles.. That seems like a bit much or is it just me? Is this a good deal? To many miles?

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like high miles for me. I bought my 2015 used with 25K miles for about the same price 3 months ago. I will admit it was hard finding one with lower miles, most of them around me were rentals with that kind of mileage.

It definitely looks like a nice truck but my concerns would be the lift height and other options before the price and miles. The one I think you are looking at on the site doesn't have the 2 speed transfer case and I would be afraid of any 7" lift that I didn't work on or pick out myself and research.

However if you get some guarantee and get to test drive it all you want then it would probably be fine. These are just my opinions so I could definitely be completely wrong.

Good luck with your search. ;-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fla904

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems like high miles for me. I bought my 2015 used with 25K miles for about the same price 3 months ago. I will admit it was hard finding one with lower miles, most of them around me were rentals with that kind of mileage.

It definitely looks like a nice truck but my concerns would be the lift height and other options before the price and miles. The one I think you are looking at on the site doesn't have the 2 speed transfer case and I would be afraid of any 7" lift that I didn't work on or pick out myself and research.

However if you get some guarantee and get to test drive it all you want then it would probably be fine. These are just my opinions so I could definitely be completely wrong.

Good luck with your search. ;-)

How do you know if it has a 2 speed transfer case? I know this dealer does these lifts allll the time and has almost perfect reviews, it's located in Texas and I'm in Florida so no test drive, I'd be buying blind unless I fly up to test drive. It's a v8 tho and has not had the lift up until this dealer got it. I imagine with a v8 a lift and tires really wouldn't make a difference.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck looks pretty sweet! You can probably talk them down. The manufacture date is 12/14 so it would be the 2015 interim
You should make sure no vibration and buffing issues.

OP
OP
F

Fla904

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That truck looks pretty sweet! You can probably talk them down. The manufacture date is 12/14 so it would be the 2015 interim
You should make sure no vibration and buffing issues.
I have tried talking them down, even offering a all cash deal. They will not budge for anything. It's like carmax no negotiating I guess. But the lift tires and wheels on it alone are around 8k. All other 4wd tahoes I've seen that are stock are the same price as this one, so if I didn't get this one I would need to spend 45-47k plus 8k on the lift etc..

davemcd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Regarding how to tell if it has a two speed transfer case, look at the picture with the 4WD selector. Vehicles with a two speed transfer case will have the option for both 4 high and 4 low, instead of just 4 high.

OP
OP
F

Fla904

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Regarding how to tell if it has a two speed transfer case, look at the picture with the 4WD selector. Vehicles with a two speed transfer case will have the option for both 4 high and 4 low, instead of just 4 high.
Ok, and why should I be conserned with that regarding the lift?

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It does.. look at the 4x4 nob selector -- it has "2 auto 4 high and 4 low" Don't be a dream squasher Dave! :joke:

The more I look at the truck the more I like it!!! LOL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fla904

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It does.. look at the 4x4 nob selector -- it has "2 auto 4 high and 4 low" Don't be a dream squasher Dave! :joke:

The more I look at the truck the more I like it!!! LOL!
I think you're looking at the wrong Tahoe, they have two. The one I am looking at is 45k and has 50k miles on it. It says 2h auto and 4high it doesn't have the 4low it looks like. The second one for 47k does have 4low tho. Why would I need it for the lift and should I spend the extra 2k on it?

OP
OP
F

Fla904

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And say it only has 2hi auto and 4hi.. Why is it a bad thing to not have 4low? I know in deep mud situations or heavy off road situations I would benifit from 4low but I don't plan on sinking a 50k truck in the mud anytime soon. May take it on some muddy roads or fields, maybe the beach every now and then but other than that I won't be doing heavy off roading, then again down the road maybe I will. I need to make a choice by tomorrow as I'm selling my camaro and purchasing one of these tahoes.