Pulled the trigger 2018 RST Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
Does the 6.2L make that much of a difference?

I recently put 1000 miles on a new Escalade and was greatly disappointed in the 6.2 I figured it would but heads and shoulders above my 5.3 in my 17 Sub, not the case. Yeah it was a bit quicker but I was in a regular Escalade versus my bigger Sub so a lighter vehicle. Honestly I think a 3.73 rear gear or similar would make all 5.3 feel much quicker. The 3.07 or whatever they come with are great for government mileage reporting but ridiculously bogg down these trucks in real day to day driving. My Z71 has 3.42 but I wish it was ever lower.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently put 1000 miles on a new Escalade and was greatly disappointed in the 6.2 I figured it would but heads and shoulders above my 5.3 in my 17 Sub, not the case. Yeah it was a bit quicker but I was in a regular Escalade versus my bigger Sub so a lighter vehicle. Honestly I think a 3.73 rear gear or similar would make all 5.3 feel much quicker. The 3.07 or whatever they come with are great for government mileage reporting but ridiculously bogg down these trucks in real day to day driving. My Z71 has 3.42 but I wish it was ever lower.

What year "new" Escalade?

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It had 100 miles on it 3 weeks ago at National Car Rental so I woukd say whatever is out as new now. I didn’t look for door jam tag to determine date of manf.

Some people say they just bought a new Escalade while its a 2015 with 80k......

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir, sticker was 79k. Its loaded.

My insurance went DOWN from my 07 Escalade,,,,go figure
They have an astounding ability to predict outcomes in large sample sizes. My guess is that the average driving behavior of people who buy Escalades (versus Tahoes) weighed larger on the premium than the value of the vehicle.

OP
OP
Boatguy272

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have an astounding ability to predict outcomes in large sample sizes. My guess is that the average driving behavior of people who buy Escalades (versus Tahoes) weighed larger on the premium than the value of the vehicle.

And the fact my Escalade wheels kept getting stolen !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz