GM performance air inlet for RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pdqcars

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
First post here. Been lurking here even before I ordered a Z71 with the 6.2 and the GM Performance exhaust. Love the site. I've had the Tahoe for a month now and absolutely love it! I'm looking to get a Performance air intake, and would like to see what the RST Performance air intake with the 6.2 looks like. Anyone have any pics? I would think that GM would sell this like the Performance brakes and exhaust setups. I may have to go with after market units.
Thanks,

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I am not familiar with your year truck, but many of these trucks with the 6.2 already have a quality cold air intake as stock equipment, and nothing that you do will improve it (except for maybe some intake 'noise' when you punch it).

Last edited:

Ken Bike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DId you find a source for the GM performance Cold Air Intake?

OP
OP
P

pdqcars

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did not. Went with the S&B cold air intake. Very pleased with it.

iamlegion

Reaction score
What are you looking to get out of the intake?

As others have said, manufacturers these days are not leaving much performance or efficiency gains on the table. Even GM Performance says their CAI (not sold right now) and their $3,000 performance exhaust for the 6.2 is only good for ~15hp at the wheels.

The upmarket SUVs even have AND and fake engine noise so you won’t hear a big difference either.

Ken Bike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I understand a CAI combined with the exhaust provides about 1 hp per every $200 of money.
That is the typical cost to add some horse power to any car or truck and I enjoy getting slightly better performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar