PSA about spammers ripping off members

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
To anyone who posts wanted items. Be aware there are some who will contact you via private message saying they know someone who has what you need. They then give you an email address to reach put to. When you send an email they respond saying they have what you need and give a price. They ask for a deposit into a cashapp account or similar. Once you make a deposit they say they will ship it. They may come back asking for more money for shipping too.

Here is what happened to me so beware.

[email protected] and that he had what I was looking for. He said he did and gave me his cashapp number. We agree on a price of $20.00 shipped for them. Well, he came back saying the shipping was more and he needs another $20 to cover it. At that point I said to hold off on shipping and asked if he could send it a different way that was cheaper. He hasn’t responded all day so I guess my $20.00 is gone...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
This dirt bag lured me in some.20200725_112314.jpg
I searched for the loser he mentioned in the pm and came up with nothing, so that raised a red flag. I did send an email tho. He was just way too accommodating tho. When I told him I didn't believe him, he sent"proof"of who he"is". I'll see if I can find it in my emails.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like the scammers like to use Yahoo accounts with first names like johndoe244@yahoo or female names so we’re less suspicious.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
He was very convincing. He sent this--20200725_120853.jpg
When I asked for proof of who he was. He also was using a cash app--his info: cashapp info $ninarottixxx. Woman's name lol. He also used a generic ebay pic of what I was looking for. My gf actually noticed that one!
His [email protected]

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
word to the wise don't send anyone any money unless you have interacted with them for a while on here and this includes the desperate female that want's to come visit you from Russia also, 100% scammer each time.
Because as the ancient saying goes "A fool and his money are soon parted"
that being said I have both to sold and purchased from members on here with a 100% success rate.
goes along with "if the price is too good to be true then it probably is"

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
He was very convincing. He sent this--View attachment 253359
When I asked for proof of who he was. He also was using a cash app--his info: cashapp info $ninarottixxx. Woman's name lol. He also used a generic ebay pic of what I was looking for. My gf actually noticed that one!
His [email protected]
I'm sure this is a stolen ID.