Projector housings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dead of winter here so my photography tasks are lacking and the truck is filthy, but here's a few pics of what I did with my set of black depo's. Baked em and pulled the lenses, painted a black trim on the inner side of the lens and kinda stole the whole Audi led theme. Tough to get a well balance shot with the hids over powering the shot, but here's the results on the bench and installed:

IMG_0816.gif

IMG_0817.gif

IMG_1148.gif

IMG_1155.gif

IMG_1161.gif

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dead of winter here so my photography tasks are lacking and the truck is filthy, but here's a few pics of what I did with my set of black depo's. Baked em and pulled the lenses, painted a black trim on the inner side of the lens and kinda stole the whole Audi led theme. Tough to get a well balance shot with the hids over powering the shot, but here's the results on the bench and installed:

Man emay that ***** on point!!!!! my wife and i had talked about doing doing an audi style mod like this.. i dig it.. mad sick work bro!!!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Nice mod...looks good.

I thought about adding something like that to mine, but decided to keep it uncluttered. Kinda bummed I didn't do it now.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, it's not 100% perfect but as you can see it's a one off look for sure.

As far as wiring, it's just tapped to the parking lamps. I took advantage of the outer heat vent to slip the wires through for a clean out of site look.

Something I'll try and get better pics of is the lenses themselves. The projectors were from an ebay vendor and for lack of a better explanation they were flawed in no way perfect. Slight scratches on the inside believe it or not and I've been in arguments with the vendor for quite some time.

The flaws enhanced in the bake process to unseal them so I'm annoyed by that. It's not something that is highly noticed, but I see it as the **** owner.

Anyhow, here's a few more shots of how I laid it out. You will see I painted a sort of trim on the inside of the lens only leaving basically the projector and high beam exposed to view. I did this mainly to aid with hiding the led strip mounting and the wiring.. Otherwise it would be on plain view.

In no particular order you will see that I made a mounting surface out of 1/4" plexi to mount the led strip on, I did this to raise it up above my trimmed paint line..Easiest way to do it is make a paper template and then transfer that to you plexi stock.

I epoxied the plexi to the base of the lens and hand painted it black to get it all to blend in. The wiring is run to the outer vents and in the pics you can see I simply use hot glue to keep the wires from ever moving once sealed up.

I'm not sure any of this helps much, I'll keep an eye on this post to help as needed. In reality a little imagination and this could be taken to all sorts of levels different than mine.

Sorry to the OP as this thread kinda got hijacked on accident.

IMG_0819.gif

IMG_0820.gif

IMG_0821.gif

IMG_0822.gif

IMG_0823.gif

IMG_0824.gif

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the LED strips from?

Thanks for the pics and write-up

Forum statistics