procharged 03 tahoe full exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iguana74

iguana74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, stopping by for a quick sneak and peek.
Likîng what I'm reading so far.
Will be back in awhile to dissect it completely.

Yess that exhaust and headers is full stainless. No worry about salt and rust.

I guess you disappeared. heh

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would definitely throw some headers on there. I was pushing ~550HP on my 04 5.3 L with a Radix, cam, LTs. I was seeing around 11psi on that system.

OP
OP
iguana74

iguana74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would definitely throw some headers on there. I was pushing ~550HP on my 04 5.3 L with a Radix, cam, LTs. I was seeing around 11psi on that system.

Radix on 11psi? What kind of intercooler were you using?

OP
OP
iguana74

iguana74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Yes. I was already going to put headers on it. What system are you talking about? Details? That isn't much to go off of. 550 engine hp?

Last edited:

FreshLikeOprah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see a fuel pump listed. Whats your fuel pump setup?

And I wouldn't paint and wrap stainless headers, that's a waste of time and money. They're stainless.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Also, going with a better cam will give you another 30-50+ hp

OP
OP
iguana74

iguana74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't see a fuel pump listed. Whats your fuel pump setup?

And I wouldn't paint and wrap stainless headers, that's a waste of time and money. They're stainless.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Also, going with a better cam will give you another 30-50+ hp

Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump

He never commented on what/how much benefit I would get by paint/wrapping the headers.

LS6 cam is what was recommended at the time. I'm looking for fuel economy and torque for towing, so LS6 was considered a "blower friendly" cam.

OP
OP
iguana74

iguana74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I was originally on a 4.0 pulley. I went from about 8.5 lbs to 10.2 when I dropped in a 3.7 pulley. I now have a 3.5 and a 3.4 to hopefully reach my 12lb goal. Dyno runs next week. I can't wait to try out that dual exhaust when it comes out.

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those speed engineering headers look good. I wish I would have seen them before I got mine. I wonder if they fit better. Long tube headers is always the FIRST thing you want to do on any LS style motor. They LOVE to breathe better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n