Problems..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MTman777

MTman777

Reaction score
i can see about picking up some hvac controls.. i paid 39.00 at my local salvage yard.. im sure i could find a couple more if that is indeed the problem.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

But glad u were able 2 get sum cold air again congrats on the baby broseph and good luck 2 u and the family...

Thanks man.. appreciate that.. the baby dropped lower last night so any day now.. Pretty stoked.

JakeBrake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
glad to hear im not the only one having '99 problems.... and it seems as though there are a few of you that have as well or at least know what youre talking about.

-my problem is similar as where i have pulled the control dial unit out of the housing and it starts working on its own, but when i get it within an inch of back in the housing it quits....... could this be the radio/antenna short problem?

I have checked the connections, none burnt or overly loose.
ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome:

If it starts and stops as you go in and out and you are sure nothing else is touching it then you might have a wire or circuit that fails temporarily from flexing perhaps.

JakeBrake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, sunlitcomet

this sounds exactly right. After I posted yesterday, i kept poking around and noticed that there really isnt anything touching it so, that rules out the radio/antenna shortage.
The wiring plug that attaches to the black "power switch" opposite of the lo-hi dial, seemed to be not-so-snug, so I taped the connection... to no prevail.
Also, if i twist the entire unit, the blower will cut on and off. So I think that youre spot on with the wire failing when flexing. Any suggestions?...... new wiring harness or, new unit, etc.?
As the new caretaker for the Denali, Im extremely pleased to have found this forum!!!
Thanks guys!!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You can pick up a new switch to try. Do you see any loose terminal on the old switch when you poke at them?

Although they use the same fuse the power is supposed to be split into two or more wires. one to the blower. one to the modules and one to the door motor. So if the module what broken technically the fan should still operate. SO try this with your a/c on, fan on fast enough to hear and verify ac light is on move the control head around if the a/c were to shut of but the fan still work then it is on the head side connections. if a'c and fan shut down then it would be fan switch-connector-wiring. Make sense?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Could also volt meter probe the brown power wire on connector to fan switch and ground the other meter probe to a realy good ground and flex the hell out of the thing to see if the terminal or harness is faulting out.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
check the actual harness and pins. if they dont make a good connection the arc and corrode over time. it can be as simple to fix as cleaning them off and bending the pins in the harness a little to make better contact

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fyremanpat- I checkd my harness and connections on my hvac and they look damn near brand new... The blower motor works at all speeds... I did a t-stat/ radiator flush back in october... The heater core is hot as hell I can hear my blend doors opening and still no heat... If u or n e 1 have n e more suggestions please help me out...

WalterMitty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the actual harness and pins. if they dont make a good connection the arc and corrode over time. it can be as simple to fix as cleaning them off and bending the pins in the harness a little to make better contact

I did this on my 96 Yukon. One indication I had is that the AC compressor and recirc lights wouldn't go out in the fan off position. I found the brown wire connection bad.

Thanks to all the experts on this board for the assistance. :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz