Problems with power flip and fold second row seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the new post if this has been addressed before. Not the best search on this forum.

My flip and fold seats aren't working that we'll. The big one was always 50% hit or miss (motor always working). Now the small side isn't catching at all, again the motor is working. Seems easy to open the enclosure and try to figure out the issue. Just curious if someone has addressed this before.

OP
OP
S

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed, took the seat panels off and notice slack in the cable. I took the motor off and apart,the cable end knuckle had popped out of its retainer seat. Put it back in, all good.

85toyrunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you happen to take any pictures of this process? Ours are acting funny also.

tazjamin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could you take some pictures please im looking to install the power folding into a bench im trading for my buckets. dont know how much i will use the option but my denali comes with it so i want to have it

OP
OP
S

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed, took the seat panels off and notice slack in the cable. I took the motor off and apart,the cable end knuckle had popped out of its retainer seat. Put it back in, all good.

No pics. But just take the plastics trim panels off the seat. Lower one just covers the hinge. The upper large one is the real one you need to take off. Make sure you get all the bolts, some are pretty hard to see.

Motor is pretty obvious and check the cable, if loose, you might have the same issue that I had, especially if you hear motor running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdadair

Latest posts