PLEASE HELP!! Second Row Bench seat won't flip up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horseprw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer. I have a second row bench and the 60% portion will fold the back down, but will not pop up off the floor so people can get in and out or just to clean under. It doesn't work with the handle, the pull string or the power button. I feel like maybe its jammed because it was working fine before I had it detailed. (Odd coincidence but whatever)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to a solution?

Thank you

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bench has done this but it was self-inflicted which gives me an idea on what's going on.

My base is worn at the hooks so I have a new one waiting to go in, but in the meantime I have placed one wrap of electrical tape to take up the tiny amount of wear causing a rattle.

If I use too much tape, the base won't release and not flip up until I tug on the handle.

Sorry to get long-winded, but maybe something fell onto the hook when the seat was secured....OR....maybe they removed the entire seat to get the carpet and the base may not be fully secured or canted but not sure how.

Check all the mounting bolts to ensure the base is fully secured.

Seems too much resistance on the latch will keep it from releasing.

HTH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone