Problems with Lock Pick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pockets25

Reaction score
Just traded in the Tahoe for a 2011 Suburban and have put the lock pick from the from the Tahoe in it. I had all of the connections tight and did not get any sound from the head unit. So I disconnected it and reconnected and the head unit would not even turn on with the key.

I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem with 2011 models with a lock pick. I tried downloading the update but the link was broken so if that is what is needed I will have to wait for the the link to work.

stgolling

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You may have FUBAR'd the headunit...

Just traded in the Tahoe for a 2011 Suburban and have put the lock pick from the from the Tahoe in it. I had all of the connections tight and did not get any sound from the head unit. So I disconnected it and reconnected and the head unit would not even turn on with the key.

I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem with 2011 models with a lock pick. I tried downloading the update but the link was broken so if that is what is needed I will have to wait for the the link to work.

Always disconnect the battery when installing the lockpick...however your new problem may be remedied like most phones...do a battery pull. disconnect the neg cable and reconnect. Start the truck, if the radio does not come on hit the disc eject button (forces it on)...

Check fuses (should be underhood fuse #41)

If that does not work, back to dealer for warranty work. I would not mention the lockpick.....

OP
OP
P

pockets25

Reaction score
My head unit works when the lockpick is not connected, I am going to try and reinstall next week. Just wondering if anybody else has had this issue or has updated recently.

stgolling

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you updated the firmware on the lockpick? It should have a USB for updating. Go to
www.coastaletech.com/usbupdate.htm to make sure it's updated. I'd send it back after updating if it doesn't work.

Keep in mind, too, that there may be issues with the supplied wiring harness. I don't think you are too far off from making this work. Keep at it...the end results are worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts