Problem with truck shutting off, whiel driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
Problem with truck shutting off, while driving.

Had this random problem with the Hoe, just looking for some possible explanations.

Last week I was driving my 05 Tahoe, came up to a stop sign stopped; proceeded to make a left turn, all of a sudden the steering was super hard, I was pressing the gas pedal with no result; I looked down at the cluster and no readings on the gauges. Realized the truck had shut OFF! Lucky for me there was a driveway ahead of me and the truck kinda coasted to it. I noticed the truck was making some clicking sound, kinda like when the battery is dead and you try to start it. My radio and parking lights were still on, and my key was still in the same position, but no indicator lights on the cluster were on ( Ie: the battery light, or any of the other lights you see when you turn the key to ignition). All I could hear was a fast ticking coming from outside, then I turned the key off and then proceeded to start the truck back up with no issues. Drove home and have been driving since with no issues and has NOT happened again. Any ideas of what could be the cause? this concerns me as the truck just shut off while I was driving; lucky I was on the street. :emotions122: Thanks for any input.

Last edited: