2012 Denali with 6.2 engine shutting off while driving. Random

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

testdepth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Two weeks ago my wife was driving this Yukon down the road at 45mph and the engine shutoff. She coasted to the side of the road. She shifted it to park and it immediately started back up and no problems the rest of the day. Earlier this week she got in the car in the morning and when she stopped at the corner the engine shutoff again. Same thing as before, she shifted to park and immediately restarted with no problem the rest of the day. This day she then drove 3 hours round trip with no issue. Since this last time it happened the Yukon has started and ran with no problem. It was just the two times that it stalled.

No check engine light
No codes thrown for anything
No rough idle

Any ideas or where to start to narrow down what is happening?

OP
OP
T

testdepth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If electrical isn't bugging out, I would lean towards fuel pump or fuel pump control module maybe?
No issues with electrical at anytime. I'm leaning towards a fuel pump assembly getting ready to fail but no hard starts or stumbling of engine. It just shutoff like someone flipped a switch.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago my wife was driving this Yukon down the road at 45mph and the engine shutoff. She coasted to the side of the road. She shifted it to park and it immediately started back up and no problems the rest of the day. Earlier this week she got in the car in the morning and when she stopped at the corner the engine shutoff again. Same thing as before, she shifted to park and immediately restarted with no problem the rest of the day. This day she then drove 3 hours round trip with no issue. Since this last time it happened the Yukon has started and ran with no problem. It was just the two times that it stalled.

No check engine light
No rough idle

Check and reseat the battery terminal connections

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No check engine light
No rough idle

Order up a little ODBII adapter for your phone and download an app like Torque Pro for it. Get it set up and watch the fuel pressure if you can replicate conditions.

It ought to be 43.5 psi once warmed up and running. Idle and at speed. If you have access to a Tech-2 you can view failure records and the fuel pump trims for starters.

OP
OP
T

testdepth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Order up a little ODBII adapter for your phone and download an app like Torque Pro for it. Get it set up and watch the fuel pressure if you can replicate conditions.

It ought to be 43.5 psi once warmed up and running. Idle and at speed. If you have access to a Tech-2 you can view failure records and the fuel pump trims for starters.
I have a rather expensive OBD reader that can view everything you mentioned. I'll report back what I find and thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elteclas

Latest posts