Problem With New Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Black99

Black99

Reaction score
Yes lol and I even faded it to front and back just to see. Rear speakers and sub play fine but nothing from font even when fader is set to play just front

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would start with rewiring the boxes, butt connectors are horrible :imo: Solder wires and use heat shrink.

OP
OP
Black99

Black99

Reaction score
do you think the box that handles the front speakers could have blown itself out? would there be a way for me to test it

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way to test it is to swap the RCA cables and see if it plays vice versa.

OP
OP
Black99

Black99

Reaction score
Figured I might as well use this thread for yet a new problem lol. I was driving and all of a sudden all the speakers cut out for no reason. If i turn up the volume REALLY loud the bass hits and you can hear a muffled sound coming out of another speaker. I swapped the RCA cables and that didn't fix it. All the speakers are new so pretty sure they did not blow out. Do you think my converter boxes are bad? How would I test that without having to get new ones

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
will likely have to try swapping one really. but i would like to know how your speakers and sub-woofer are specifically wired with what type of component and in what order.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
man with all the problems ur having it really sounds like u have something shorting out or just plain wired wrong. I would really recommend dumping the factory radio and getting a decent aftermarket head unit with built in rca jacks. the COMPLETELY re run your wires. take your time and do it rite.

tooslowtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having a very similar problem myself. Replaced all the door speakers and the 4x10's. The door speakers sound very bad. I was wondering if the problem is the factory amp and is there a way to bypass it. I have an aftermarket radio and when volume is up all sounds stops. No aftermarket amps at all.

tooslowtahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The front sounds bad as well. I'm thinking
Of doing a 4 channel amp to hopefully eliminate the sound going out and the actual sound quility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperdadman