Problem with Head unit not turning on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this morning, i go to get into my tahoe, and i notice the head unit wont turn on. I have an after market pioneer avic z3. I then notice that my Rear Park Assist says that it's off, and I am an not getting any turn signal/chime sounds as well.

I have had an occasional problem with the park assist not coming on, but it usually comes back on after a few startups, but there has never been any problems with the head unit not turning on.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Is there a radio fuse that i can check? It's pouring outside so i wasn't able to get out and check the fuses yet. I figured i would ask on here first, before i get outside and try to troubleshoot this problem.

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a fuse under the hood (not sure if one inside) and that would explain why all that is out

OP
OP
S

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, i figured there must be a fuse. I'll be free in a few hours and ill get out and check it. Hopefully that's all it is! I checked the interior fuse this morning before class, and didn't find one for the radio/amp, so must be only under the hood.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that is was only under the hood but not positive, iirc there is like 3 fuses for the radio (one may be amp) so look at all the fuses.

OP
OP
S

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I pulled the radio and amp fuses from under the hood but neither were blown. However, when I started the truck up everything worked fine! Not sure if it just needed some kind of reset or what but the problem is solved.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe for some reason the fuse was not seated correctly.

OP
OP
S

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea hopefully it's something simple like that. I did find some people reporting similar problem with 07 hoes and they seemed to shut off and then turn on at a later time. I'll just have to be patient and wait it out to see if it happens again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557