problem adjusting torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byargeon1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am new to the site but have been searching it for a while and have gotten lots of good info. However this time I need some help with something I couldn't find an answer to. My wife has an 02' z71 Tahoe. The front end is a little lower than the back and I wanted to raise it to be level. Went to adjust torsion bars and the drivers side is already adjusted all the way. Passenger side still has a lot of thread left. Do I have a major problem? Is there an adjustment to keys I can make,bad bushings,or something else? The frame isn't tweaked or anything. I'm a painter at a local body shop and had our frame guy check it. I am at a loss. The wife doesn't care either way but it bothers the hell out of me the way it looks. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you all.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you were able to adjust both higher you would take away some of the travel and the ride can get harsher. The one that is adjusted all the way is the one that has lost some of it's elasticity. Kind of like a spring collapsing. By the way, don't think that replacing shocks will help lift the front, it will not. Some on here waste money doing that. I myself prefer stock but someone on here will have an answer to your keys question. You may be able to get a different tension bar and install new on both sides and when those are set to normal the front end will come up and make sure you realign with any front end work you do.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Them being adjusted differently is normal/common. To level it, you're talking around 2 inches. I would recommend getting lift keys for the torsion bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn