Preferred Catch Can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sarneson91

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same one Kbuskill got. Will likely put the same type of media material on the inside of the can like him as well.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Reaction score

kbuskill

Reaction score
Kbuskill, I'm looking at getting the same type of catch can that you have. Which inlet is connected to the valve cover, top or bottom?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bottom port to valve cover, top port to intake.

The intake creates a vacuum on the can and the oil vapor from the valve cover collects in the lower part of the catch can.

Reaction score
Bottom port to valve cover, top port to intake.

The intake creates a vacuum on the can and the oil vapor from the valve cover collects in the lower part of the catch can.
Cool, thanks.

I got my can, but probably won't install it until this weekend. I plan on mounting it in the same area as you, in front of the fuse box in the area a second battery would go. About how much vac hose is needed for both of the runs?

Also, did you cut the 90* elbow out of the hard plastic line on the motor that connects the pcv to valve cover and attach the hoses to it, or just remove the line and attach the hoses directly?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali

kbuskill

Reaction score
Cool, thanks.

I got my can, but probably won't install it until this weekend. I plan on mounting it in the same area as you, in front of the fuse box in the area a second battery would go. About how much vac hose is needed for both of the runs?

Also, did you cut the 90* elbow out of the hard plastic line on the motor that connects the pcv to valve cover and attach the hoses to it, or just remove the line and attach the hoses directly?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali

It's been a while since I did mine... I want to say 6 feet of hose but maybe a little more or less depending on where you end up mounting it.

Also I can't really remember but I think I disconnected the hard plastic line and ran the rubber hose directly to the valve cover and intake.

Reaction score
It's been a while since I did mine... I want to say 6 feet of hose but maybe a little more or less depending on where you end up mounting it.

Also I can't really remember but I think I disconnected the hard plastic line and ran the rubber hose directly to the valve cover and intake.
Thanks again!

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali

Last edited:

kbuskill

Reaction score
How is that asi catch can working? Is the size and quality ok?

It works great. The quality is decent... especially for the price. It was slightly smaller than I expected but seems plenty adequate for the amount of oil I drain out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907