PPV reprogram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My PPV was ordered "stealth" mode meaning the auto headlights do not come on automatically. it has the sensor on the dash so im assuming that this option needs flashed on the computer? is the only option taking it to a dealer ?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah more then likely you need the BCM to be reflashed.

I know some dealers can be a PITA when getting stuff like this done.

I still need to confirm, aka talk to a Tech, but getting a LTZ BCM and have only the VIN flashed and hope that will communicate with my PCM.

Markat666

Reaction score
My PPV was ordered "stealth" mode meaning the auto headlights do not come on automatically. it has the sensor on the dash so im assuming that this option needs flashed on the computer? is the only option taking it to a dealer ?
The stealth mode for the lights can be toggled on and off, if you install the DIC buttons. The PPVs don’t come with them, but the wire is already in place, behind the vent trim plate. Pretty easy diy, Inexpensive. I cut the hole for it and had it installed in an hour or so. Can’t upload a pic, saying the file is too big.

Markat666

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m wrong. Looks like the dealership can do it. I wouldn’t think it would cost much at all. I wish mine came that way...I’d much rather have to turn my lights on vs turning the DRLs off, every time I start my truck.

Markat666

Reaction score
Hmmm, wonder if they’ll turn mine off, when I take it to have the fan recall done? Think I’ll schedule it for next week and find out.

Darren2014

Reaction score
Just had my BCM flashed at the dealership. Didn't work and still no new options in the DIC.

Darren2014

Reaction score
Sucks. Maybe the sensor is bad or not hooked up?
Which sensor? The doors still lock and unlock with the fob, but the panic button still doesn’t work and the lights and horn still don’t activate when the lock button is hit twice. Curiously enough the dome light seems to now come on when the door is open but shuts off when the doors are locked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf