PPV Rear speaker help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a 2013 tahoe ppv. No sound coming from the rear. Do i just need to throw in new speakers, plug in the connectors or is there some heavy wiring needed to done?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the stock stereo? If so POV may not have wiring back there. I’m sure you’ve checked the fader on the head unit. If so and no sound pop it open back there and take a look. My guess is no wires. Let us know what you find lots of PPV here. Maybe change your title to PPV back speakers so they’ll jump in.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the stock stereo? If so POV may not have wiring back there. I’m sure you’ve checked the fader on the head unit. If so and no sound pop it open back there and take a look. My guess is no wires. Let us know what you find lots of PPV here. Maybe change your title to PPV back speakers so they’ll jump in.
Aftermarket radio

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an aftermarket radio or amps to?
I'd start with checking the connections at both radio and speaker.
Maybe one shook loose or was never connected after removed from service.
They certainly don't take any care when retiring them haha.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an aftermarket radio or amps to?
I'd start with checking the connections at both radio and speaker.
Maybe one shook loose or was never connected after removed from service.
They certainly don't take any care when retiring them haha.

It’s a PPV so there’s no amp installed. It had a factory radio which i replaced with an aftermarket radio.

From what I’m read on here, majority of the ppv’s never had working rear speakers due to carrying prisoners. I simply wanna know is it plug in play back there or does it need to be fully wired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a PPV so there’s no amp installed. It had a factory radio which i replaced with an aftermarket radio.

From what I’m read on here, majority of the ppv’s never had working rear speakers due to carrying prisoners. I simply wanna know is it plug in play back there or does it need to be fully wired.

I know, wasn't sure if you added an amp when you installed the new radio.

My PPV rear speakers have always worked. Rear doors as well as in the very back pillar.

Its simple enough to pop the door panel off and see if they are hooked up. I'd probably start there.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a harness, but when i hook it up. No sound.

Harness is old and corroded so that might be the problem

image.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's not good. I didn't know they went to that extent, that's ridiculous.
You could try to clean the harness and use some dielectric grease when you hook them back up.

I just had my panel off to replace the window regulator, should've looked mine.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The harness was pretty corroded. Ended up cutting it off cut some of the wire down and just wired directly to the speakers. Got sound so I’m happy for now.

Either the rears don’t get as loud as the front or my mind is playing tricks on me.