PPV motor mounts... use h3 or oem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Sometimes when accelerating up an incline I will hear a clunk before the power is delivered to the ground. I'm pretty sure it is my motor mounts.

After doing a brief search it seems like many people are using the hummer h3 mounts which are oslid instead of the OEM ACdelco hydraulic filled ones.

I also came across a post saying the PPV models already have the h3 mounts.

Which is correct?

I know its hard to diagnose over the internet, but should I just go ahead and replace both with the h3 25847739 part, or should I just replace the drivers side?

How difficult of a job is it on the PPV? I assume a little easier since there is no front differential in the way.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I heard the same noise. To make sure because the engine torques from left to right I just held the brake down, put it in drive and revved it a couple of times. It definitely was the drivers side motor mount. I would just change out the left one. It's the one that gets the lift.

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will be tackling this within the next day or so.

any final tips? it seems like its not too terrible on the 2wd models because of the lack of front diff / axles in the way.

hopefully ill have enough extensions :p

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<SNIP>

I also came across a post saying the PPV models already have the h3 mounts.

Which is correct?

I know its hard to diagnose over the internet, but should I just go ahead and replace both with the h3 25847739 part, or should I just replace the drivers side?

How difficult of a job is it on the PPV? I assume a little easier since there is no front differential in the way.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

They do not come with the H3 mount unless the dealer that services the department's trucks knows about the TSB and uses them for replacements. Since failed mounts are more of an annoyance than safety issue, few LEOs get theirs swapped out.

If you can afford it, do both. If not, do the driver's side. After doing the driver's side, you'll probably decide you've had enough. :eek:

It's a PITA to do, but the truck runs/sounds so much better after you do. If you move the steering shaft out of the way, a couple of the bolts are a TON easier to get to. Just remember to mark the shaft so you get it put back together with the same orientation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denali21