Power Window going up slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does anyone else have same problem? My passenger door window have been rolling up slow at the top and it's getting worse. Do you guys clean window rail often or is it something else?

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My front passenger window has been going up a little slower lately as well, but pretty much only in the middle. Seems like it's binding a bit to me so I'd be interested in what the causes could be as well, or if I should just get it replaced.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My front windows go up slow too..but they go up EXTREMELY slow when the engine is off..its VERY irritating...looks like they start to hesistate to keep closing after about half way....I was wondering the same thing...whats goin on with it...motors going bad?

my back windows however go up with great amounts of force...with or without the engine running...enough force to snap a Bruhathkayosaurus leg! And very quickly too!

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
because you dont use your rear windows as much and they go up and down less then the fronts.. and because they are lighter :)

but id say your regulators are crapping out. itll hold up for a while, but sooner or later itll die..

On my dads avalanche 2 yrs ago, we cleaned the wires in the regulator and it spruced it up some in the time being, but then yesterday it pooped on him as well. only 45 bucks to fix the whole thing. works like a charm.

20yukon04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my pasenger window is doing the same thing as well. this seems to be a very comon problem lol

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I mean someone else should chime in if im wrong, but it fixed mine.. and yes, basic tools and the ability to read directions is all you need.. and just to remember where stuff goes..

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really easy to replace the window regulator, with a book (haynes) and some patience and about an hour for the whole thing, you are good to go!! I would recommend getting a helpful person to assist you, especially when swapping the motor from bad to good regulator (watch out when you take the cover off of the good regulator before you put the motor on, the assembly underneath the cover is already spring loaded and if you let it pop out you will have fun trying to get it back where it was spring loaded!!).
The stealership wanted something like $500 for them to do it themselves, I bought the regulator and in an hour it was less than half that!!

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

because you dont use your rear windows as much and they go up and down less then the fronts.. and because they are lighter :)

but id say your regulators are crapping out. itll hold up for a while, but sooner or later itll die..

On my dads avalanche 2 yrs ago, we cleaned the wires in the regulator and it spruced it up some in the time being, but then yesterday it pooped on him as well. only 45 bucks to fix the whole thing. works like a charm.

$45 for a new regulator, where did you find that?!?! I would love to know for future breakdowns!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA