Power window anomalies.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shibbershabber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99 Yukon...

Acting a fool all of a sudden...

RR window went down today but would not go back up. would continue to down further down via the drivers door switch.

No response up or down on the RR door switch.

Pulled the switch out of the RR door and swapped it with the switch from the LR door... no change.

Pulled the panel off to see what I could see since I had to get that window back up.

SO, I took direct 12v power to the motor and didnt get much... probably not a good enough connection.
I then applied the 12v power to the terminals on the actual window switch pigtail.... I was able to get the window to go up and down by applying and reversing the 12v supply.

THAT right there points to a bad switch? Since I swapped out the LR switch ... that means BOTH of those switches are shot?

Also, will a bad RR switch make the Drivers switch act up?

OR........ is it that I have a truck full of failing switches?

Other info:

Divers window goes up and down fine.

RF window operates fine with drivers switch, but not the the switch on the RF door.

LR window works via the drivers switch but not the switch on the LR door

Could I also have a failing lockout switch?

Final question... assuming that I have two failed switches on both back doors, anyone know a good spot to pick some up?
I checked RockAuto, AutoZone and Advanced Auto Parts...... all they have it the master switch for the drivers door.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not 100% on this with the tahoes/yukons however some vehicles use the driver door main controls as the main control circuit. if there is a problem with the drivers door switch it can effect other doors. also if you have a break somewhere in a wire going to that door you could see that problem.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will respond but if not you may want to post in the 99 section as this is the 2015+ section. Good luck getting this figured out.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the diagrams for a four-door 98. It should be the same for your 99.

46626dbded4404cf8acad548b9361f66.gif

66fc29985b1df6a7b5e58743f673a552.gif

a49fcaf48b120e6334161a2fd3bed641.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Shibbershabber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the switch and it works fine now.

I also replaced the master switch on the driver's door...

All windows operable from driver's door, RR window works on its own switch now too.

Looking to put a new switch in the LR door and will order one for the RF door as well.

OP
OP
S

Shibbershabber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR door switch is in and all is well.

Looks like I had a bunch of bad switches

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member