Power programmers???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to start off by knowing that going to blackbear is probably the best option in programming and best results, BUT i really want multiple options (ie. different stages in power, gas saving mode, multiple firmness in shiftpoints, etc.)

with that said, what is the best programmer out there to get? I have a 2008 Tahoe with a 6.2L, volant exhaust, and volant intake.....

as of now, i am thinking of getting the EDGE or the new Hypertech....

Hypertech:
http://www.hypertech.com/Products/HyperPAC

EDGE:
http://www.edgeproducts.com/product.php?pk=83&pvk=258

I need some people who have experience these products to chime in and give me some advice in purchasing.....

thanks in advance!!!

-S

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
The Diablo Sport is a good one too, as well as Superchips. Did yu know that Justin at Black Bear can give you 2 different modes with a Black Bear? He can program the tow/haul button to be an extreme mode with some pretty serious power. From everything I have learned you just cannot go wrong with Black Bear.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Edge program on the diesel I used to own. Hands down the best programmer out there for that application. I see they have many of the same options for the gas engines.

My main complaint with the Denali is how it shifts. None of these handhelds can adjust transmission shifting on new body style (or at least 6 speed auto) trucks. That is why I am waiting until Justing at Black Bear has his hand held available. His will be able to program the transmission computer as well.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Edge Evolution on my 5.3l and I am pleased with it. The main difference is a huge improvement in trans shifts.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would wait for the EFILive AutoCal to come out, if I were forced to have a handheld.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told Edge made pretty good tuners...How do you like it so far?

I enjoy it. Like I said the trans shifts are a lot better than stock. The "extreme" mode is decent and you can feel it. I dont do it much because it requires 91 or higher octane. The "economy" mode works pretty well also. I got about 1.5 more mpgs on the highway but not really an increase in town. It also has "tow" mode which I have not tried yet.

Its easy to remove and put the truck back to stock for those trips to the dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879