Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys arent helping me trying to stay away from another hoe....

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red,
Looks great man. Just curious. What has been altered on your suspension? Looks like you have a flip with some of these http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/Traction.html with some extended brackets to catch the bar for the airride. Thats pretty clever. I'm in the process of making some of those traction bars. Caltrac sells the bushing for the front mount, I think its around $40 maybe $45 shipped.
What kind of shocks are they?
What are your plans now that you are removing the airride?

Come on guys, cant we all just get along :)

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Red,
Looks great man. Just curious. What has been altered on your suspension? Looks like you have a flip with some of these http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/Traction.html with some extended brackets to catch the bar for the airride. Thats pretty clever. I'm in the process of making some of those traction bars. Caltrac sells the bushing for the front mount, I think its around $40 maybe $45 shipped.

Those are caltracs dummy. lol you have to notch the hangers for those bolts going through. Stupid ass design, same with the 454ss trucks as i looked into those before :hmm: lol

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can they be Caltracs? Caltrac does not make them for Tahoes, dummy ;)
Tahoes have a 27" on center leaf while 1500s have a 32" on center leaf.
I know about the clearancing for the bolt, I was talking about the bushing for the plate that slides up into the hanger that bolts the front of the bars.
Unless I missed him say he modified the Caltracs to fit his Hoe.

Come here :hands:
:Handshake:

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red,

On the 4 doors there are several crossmembers that need to be modified. One of them has the passenger upper shock mount. Since I wanted to add helper bags I removed it fully. Then I removed the driver side upper shock mount and made the plates to bolt a crossmember in using the original rivet holes (had to drill holes on the passenger side) since I was using the flip kit plate to mount the lower bag/shock bar I decided to add the traction bars. Then I removed all the factory spare tire crossmember stuff and added some plates that bolt in using the factory holes and then made a crossmember that bolts to those that hold a tank, compressor, valves etc.

Not caltracs but I did some what go off their design. I had some caltracs on my 06 crew cab so I made some for the Tahoe. Bushing, sleeve and plates for the leaf are similar to theirs i just made them fit the Tahoe. I didn't want the bars to hang low so I clearanced the hanger, which was easy to do after I made the template.

I think I am going to build a bolt on 4 link with coilovers. I'll use these shocks and just put the coils on them. I could make 2 setups at the same time if anyone is interested. Going to be built using all laser cut pieces that will be tig welded and powder coated gloss black.

I need some factory front hangers if anyone has some they wanna sell cheap.

636e2ef1-630c-71ac.jpg

636e2ef1-632c-2cd4.jpg

636e2ef1-6342-92c1.jpg

636e2ef1-6354-b7d3.jpg

636e2ef1-636a-ca3e.jpg

Last edited:

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How much would a setup like that run? I eventually want to bag my tahoe. Would that work with a full bagged suspension?

Are these what your looking for?

20120828_174145.gif

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 4 doors there are several crossmembers that need to be modified. One of them has the passenger upper shock mount. Since I wanted to add helper bags I removed it fully. Then I removed the driver side upper shock mount and made the plates to bolt a crossmember in using the original rivet holes (had to drill holes on the passenger side) since I was using the flip kit plate to mount the lower bag/shock bar I decided to add the traction bars. Then I removed all the factory spare tire crossmember stuff and added some plates that bolt in using the factory holes and then made a crossmember that bolts to those that hold a tank, compressor, valves etc.

Not caltracs but I did some what go off their design. I had some caltracs on my 06 crew cab so I made some for the Tahoe. Bushing, sleeve and plates for the leaf are similar to theirs i just made them fit the Tahoe. I didn't want the bars to hang low so I clearanced the hanger, which was easy to do after I made the template.

I think I am going to build a bolt on 4 link with coilovers. I'll use these shocks and just put the coils on them. I could make 2 setups at the same time if anyone is interested. Going to be built using all laser cut pieces that will be tig welded and powder coated gloss black.

636e2ef1-630c-71ac.jpg

636e2ef1-632c-2cd4.jpg

636e2ef1-6342-92c1.jpg

636e2ef1-6354-b7d3.jpg

636e2ef1-636a-ca3e.jpg

Nice, everything really looks good man. So, I take it you powerder coated all the new crossmembers. Cool
I'm interested in seeing your 4-link. I have been dieing for a linked rear set up, finally am going with a truck arm after seeing a 2dr with this set up make a run on an autoX track.
Since you have access to a lazer and have made those brackets for the trac bars, would you be willing to make some and sell them?
I also have a set of factory hangers. I'm using BTs lift hangers for my flip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted