Possible ecm issues? Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a few months ago my dash started acting weird like I had a negative battery cable issue ( I didn’t) I pulled the code and it said lost communication with ecm. Further testing suggested I had a failing ecm. I got it replaced and it lasted about a month before it started acting weird again. I had to replace one of the connectors to the ecm because I accidentally broke it and it ran fine for almost 2 weeks then acted up. Today it did the same and after a while wouldn’t even start. I plugged in the old ecm and got the same results. It didn’t start and started acting normal until I plugged in my range device again. Now I normally always have the range in and it would randomly act up. Is there someone who might have some pointers on what could be up that I could check out? I did notice when it was acting up I heard clicking under the hood like it could of been a fuse or replay but I couldn’t pinpoint it because it stop making the noise thanks in advanced

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year and model? I had a friend who bought a 2013 yukon xl 5.3L and he bought something like the Range from a guy at work. It worked fine keeping it in V8 mode but he had weird computer issues. Warranty replaced BCM and some other stuff and couldn't find a culprit. He threw the add-on away and dealt with oil consumption but never had any more issues. Pretty sure it was related to whatever device he had to deactivate AFM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia