posi traction question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbody250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which is a true locker and best??

Aussie, Detroit, ARB are all good lockers... A lot of people swear by the Aussies... IMO the best way to set up a rig for on and off road driving would be a Truetrac up front and an Aussie locker in the rear.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leonard, You are correct for a truck with an SAS that lives offroad. For 90% of the rigs around here you can not run a traction aid in the front IFS (the case is too weak to support it) and guys would be hating a locker in the rear

Bigbody250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A locker on the road is not bad... When turning the outer wheel free spins because the lockers allows the axels to spin faster that the input speed just not slower. You learn to not give it much gas in tight turn situations on pavement and you won't chirp your tires. I personally think its funny as hell going through say McDonald's drive thru and my tires screaming and chirping the whole time... The looks you get are priceless!

OP
OP
C

crxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I really don't go off-road much at all if any( but you never know)

Last edited:

Garmoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good thread!!! i was wondering about this just now.. gotta love that search option..

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I use is auto lockers. I got 2 in my jeep and one rear one in my hoe. Before I got my hoe i drove my jeep as a d/d and never had any problems with the lockers on the road. I love the one in my hoe. Dam good for getting off the line and for putting power to the pavement.

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
I don't mean to steal this tread, but I just wanted more clarification on why its not possible to get a front locker? If we have a front axle, shouldn't it be possible to put some kind of locker or limited slip up front? Sorry if it sounds like a "NOOB" question

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dela