posi traction question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crxx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wondering if a posi rear end would be worth doing. what are the pros and cons of doing this. my 99 tahoe is 4wd and where would i get a posi rear end with 6lug?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, its worth it. TruTrac is your best option. Wavetrac is another option, just a wee bit more cash though.
Pros=better traction for all around driving
cons=cant think of any, hah.
summit, jegs, rockauto,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bigbody250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to use your truck off road I would skip out on the truetrac and get a true locker. If you ever get in a situation where one tire is off the ground the truetrac will leave you stranded.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Arb air locker or a Detroit in a 14 bolt sf axle.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your going to use your truck off road I would skip out on the truetrac and get a true locker. If you ever get in a situation where one tire is off the ground the truetrac will leave you stranded.

incorrect, tapping the brakes will transfer some of that power to the wheel on the ground

Bigbody250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
incorrect, tapping the brakes will transfer some of that power to the wheel on the ground

That in theory works but if you fall off in something that you need momentum and traction to keep you moving it doesn't! Truetrac is great for on road performance but off road it has it's short comings. You can't take off in some nasty slick muddy ruts holding the brake pedal and if you stop to apply the brake because you loose lock up on a tire your going to have trouble moving again