OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's usually how it happens--dumb, greedy politicians take over and ruin things. I never heard it was "Pair Of Dice". Pretty cool to know.

Yea, at the city offices there is a big display that explains it all, or at least there used to be. I belonged to a drinking organization called the Klampers. You were initiated in and then voted on to be a member. It wasn't just drinking though. We looked out for any members that had run upon hard times and contributed to charities. Oh, and we drank a bunch. When you went in to some bars in the town there were special seating areas for Klampers. Good times.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to reading about your assessment of those Hellwig bars. If you are impressed by their operation on the road, I will most likely buy a set for my 07.

I am looking forward to it as well. there is a cloverleaf very close to where I live that I pretty much drive on almost every day when coming home. I can go around the tightest area of it at 45 mph and the "G" force is pretty high. If the road is wet I tame down the speed. I want to see how fast I feel comfortable going around it with the Hellwig bars. If I tip over, I will post pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to it as well. there is a cloverleaf very close to where I live that I pretty much drive on almost every day when coming home. I can go around the tightest area of it at 45 mph and the "G" force is pretty high. If the road is wet I tame down the speed. I want to see how fast I feel comfortable going around it with the Hellwig bars. If I tip over, I will post pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lateral acceleration FTW.

Reaction score
Omg, a 7-11! You are probably thinking of the bar in Lovelock. If you can't tip over your truck just come up here and...well, you know!
I'll be away April 9 to 12 but any other time would be great. Ttyl.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It was on the way to Inn Skip. Back then was when the paved road ended at Inn Skip and the 4x4 trails started. On the way there a 4 way, had no stop sign, was there and on one corner there was a bar with an exposed fireplace where you could sit close and warm up and drink beer. If it is a 7-11 now, I guarantee you it was not there in 1973-1974 when I was first there. The name Lovelock sounds right and was likely called the Lovelock Bar. Sound right to you? I will email you the contact info.