Plug wires for headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
findog78

findog78

Reaction score
Hmm. Wonder what issue is then? Yes I tried it. Old one broke taking it off. Coil end was crusty too

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Wonder what issue is then? Yes I tried it. Old one broke taking it off. Coil end was crusty too
Let’s see a pic of your coils. They have to be just like the ones in the picture I posted.

OP
OP
findog78

findog78

Reaction score

Attachments

• Tahoe coil pack.jpg
    Tahoe coil pack.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 6

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the coil pack.

Taylor tech support recommended these. https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/sto...76246&storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1. Found them online for $51 and Jegs does price match. So I will have to try and peddle the other ones so I'm not ass out of $.
As I suspected, you have the square coils. Go back and look at post #7 and the picture. The coils have to have the round bodies like those. The difference is how they mount and where the connection is for the plug wires. Like I said in that post, you need to have coils that look just like those. Your square type coils need longer wires as you found out. It's not the size of the engine. I'm not sure why GM used 2 different styles of truck coils on the same vehicles but it sure makes it confusing when you're trying to buy wires. You should have no problem selling those but be sure you make the buyer aware they need to have coils with round bodies like that picture I posted. I just bought a new set a couple months ago because I pulled one apart while removing it from a plug so I have plenty of spares now or else I'd buy them.

OP
OP
findog78

findog78

Reaction score
Yes, you did tell me about the coils. Totally my mistake. If you know someone else looking for those let me know! LOL

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you did tell me about the coils. Totally my mistake. If you know someone else looking for those let me know! LOL
Get enough posts to put them in the classifieds here and I'll help you sell them. They're awesome wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts