Please help a brother out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhartseil01224

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NEED HELP!!! (Leveling Kit)

Ok, So I had my heart set on a mild leveling kit from Rough Country BUT I was let down because I have the Autoride setup on my 2002 Yukon Denali; they said their system wouldnt work with the Autoride. I know there is someone out there that has dealt with this by now but unfortunately I dont have a lot of time to search to deeply. Any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated. I am just wanting a nice leveled out/slightly lifted look to my Denali that way I can put some nice meaty tread on her. Again thanks for any help!

Edit (more info)

Hey guys, so I am kind of a newbie here but ive been looking through a lot of posts and between all thr posts and me being dog tired from working my 12 hour shift today; Im resorting to just asking the professionals on here exactly what I am looking for. So here the scoop, I have an 02 Yukon Denali. Its all stock besides I dipped the wheels and the grille, shes nice and blacked out but now its time to lift her up. I already bought some 285/70/17 Wrangler Duratracs to put on her but I am pretty sure itll rub.

So in order to prevent it from rubbing I wanted to go with a nice leveling with and some Bilsteins 5100s. Now I've heard spacers for the back and then new keys for the front; and many people mentioned EBAY which is great because I use Ebay all the time BUT there are so many different leveling kits on there and for all different orices. How do I know which one to go with? Anyone out there that has had great experience with one or the other that could point in me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again in advanced, you are really helping me out between working 40-60 hrs a week and going to school at night 3 days a week and then ARMY training in between makes for a super hectic life lol. Also I am open for any other suggestions as for the shocks too, just not the tires because those r bought already and Im already drooling over them.

Thanks guys I cant wait to hear from you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the reason that is, is because you have air shocks on the rear. if you put a coil spacer on, the air shock has been extended and what level used to be, is now at a different spot. to make up for it, you need rear shock extensions.

honestly, those trucks have such a rake from the factory, you could get away with about 1.5" of crank to level and look just fine. no need to mess with the back. just grab some ford keys and front shock extensions, crank enough to get it level, and you'll be set. angles should be looking good and your truck is leveled.

i'm not a big fan of the "keys and spacers" lift. crank the front end to high hell with horrible angles and put a spacer in the rear to level it out.... no thanks.

what wheels/tires are you trying to fit?

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jhartseil01224

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im hoping to get some 17x9s on it since stock are obviously 17s all ready and then im still deciding on tread but ive always loved the wrangler duratrac i put them. On my truck and ive never had to worry about gettin stuck anywhere and they r a good look overall. I just cant decide whether to go with flat black gloss black or just chrome rims. Ive noticed most people seem to just lower these rides instead of liftin em an puttin bigger tires on it. Do you kno of any certain levling kits that are "better" for the denali application?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Holy long post barman. Not sure on nnbs but hope you get the good info ya need. Tony should know tho

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have read Ford keys and type of billet rear spacer. As for shocks depends on use and budget. Seems like Bilstein 5100s are popular.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

jhartseil01224

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you say ford keys....what exactly are those? Just torsion keys? Im some what mechanically savvy but this is my first time lifting/leveling anything.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to level the front with the back you can just swap out the front torsion keys with Ford keys (I believe people call them green keys) and it can raise the front up to 2". If you want to lift the rear you can toss in a 1"- 2" spacer off ebay. I will be pulling some spacers from my truck soon if your interested. I cant remember in they're 1.5" or 2" tho. If your swapping out Shocks you will have to disable the autoride system (if yours indeed still works)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I merged 4 of your same threads from 3 different section to here. All you need is one thread.

OP
OP
J

jhartseil01224

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for mergin them, i am not very good at this whole forum thing but ok so from what I am gathering is really just throw some ford keys on her an then i should be able to ride on the 285/70/17s? I do want to get rid of the air ride because in the long run id rather have conventional over airride anyways.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

I would def be interested let me knownwhen you do ^ responding to your spacer post

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331124107657?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Good deal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n