Plastidip and Debadge of Tahoe COMPLETE-- LOTS OF PICS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Looks good but it feels like ive seen this thread before...? Weird...

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, great looking truck. Whats next on the list?

Thank you. Loving our first Tahoe and all the great tips on TYF! My airaid w the SynthaMax filter is on its way. Esky rack is on its way which will be color matched. BB TUNE. Rims. Will prob do TBSS IN comp grey although I'd entertain a nice black rim; suggestions -anyone? Looking to do 22's to maintain the ride quality and then do a 2/3 drop. :party33:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably be easier to just buy sumo's truck.

j/k bud, his truck is one of my faves. :waytogo:

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably be easier to just buy sumo's truck.

j/k bud, his truck is one of my faves. :waytogo:

No doubt! Sumo's is my Muse haha. Sumo if you read this, sorry to bite off your style but, when it looks good, it looks good! I steal shamelessly :hands:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to apologize to sumo ... he's not pimping those snazzy mud flaps.

blonde_pfft.png

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

I left the chrome trim around the rear because I did not want to debadge. But the entire grille and front bowtie are p-dipped black. Does it look silver in the pics? There is someone else that did paint match greystone metallic it looks really good.

My bad. I was on tapatalk and read a thread that I thought was your truck. Saw your photos now. I like the black and also the silver edge sets off your rims nicely! Enkeis right?

I was unaware that it can be removed...

Is it removed just like a door molding?

Yes, as Soulsea and Felixgun attested to. Heat gun. Fishing line. Remove plastic. 3m adhesive remover. The was still a film so then: 3m eraser wheel. After that there was STILL some ghosting and although it felt smooth to the touch, 2011Tahoe showed me a trick--took some fine-guage steel wool to the glass and it disappeared! Can't even tell there was anything there!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

No need to apologize to sumo ... he's not pimping those snazzy mud flaps.

blonde_pfft.png

Lol! Soulsea, bringing the jokes tonight! :D

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good man! Your a PDip pro that rear bowtie turned out awesome! I was happy to help, I love doing that stuff!

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking Really Good. Debadge makes these trucks instantly look "Classier" and more "expensive" in my opinion. Welcome to the Plasti-Dip Club.