Plasti-Dip Black on White

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean the badges or the chrome trim.?
Badges are easy. Just heat them up with a blow drier and dental floss.
The trim I would just tape up and paint with plasti dip.

I was thinking about getting vinyl, but plastic dip is an affordable option. But doing it on the truck is a more difficult option.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting vinyl, but plastic dip is an affordable option. But doing it on the truck is a more difficult option.

NO is not. It took me about 30 minutes to do all of them 10 minutes to dry each coat.
Did you looked at my thread with all the pictures and how I covered each badge?
At the end you just peel off around the badge and use a toothpick to do the center of the O or similar.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO is not. It took me about 30 minutes to do all of them 10 minutes to dry each coat.
Did you looked at my thread with all the pictures and how I covered each badge?
At the end you just peel off around the badge and use a toothpick to do the center of the O or similar.

You aren't taking inconsideration of the prep time with cleaning, taping and plastic for doing the trim around the windows.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chrome trim will definitely take you a little more time but the process is easy and simple. Even if you over spray on the paint or windows. All you do is wipe off with a towel.
What i like about the product is when ever you get tired of the look. Just peel it off.
By away after 2 weeks of letting my stuff cured. Car washed yesterday for the first time. Nps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy