Pitman Shaft Nut - where to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SevenFortyOne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm working on replacing the pitman arm on my 2004 Z71 Tahoe. I was able to get the old Pitman arm off yesterday but ended up rounding a couple of the points on the pitman shaft nut - the one that holds the splined end to the steering box.

Its Monday morning and I'm stuck at work but thought I'd look on-line to see if any of my local parts stores listed a replacement nut on their websites thinking I could pick up a new one on my way home today. However, I'm not having any luck finding the part on the web.

Does anyone know if I can buy this at a place like NAPA or Advanced or do I need to get it from a dealer? In other words, is this a generic item they have in the store but don't list on the web as being vehicle specific?

I can reuse the old one if I have to but figure it would be better to replace it with a new one so that I can ensure I torque it properly when I install the new Pitman arm.

20170626_072622.jpg

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a GM parts site and looking at a diagram? The dealer should be able to get it or look up the part number on EBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree doubie but the thread pitch may be diff. Also agree with gm parts direct thing. Or, there’s always the junk yard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz