pissed!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jasonconway5

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Cleared the codes, drove it 20 miles home and it only gave me the code for 1 sensor, the bank 1 knock sensor. Not sure which one that is, but either way, the problem Still exists. Someone said to check the alternator for ac volts which can cause issues with sensors. Anyone heard of this?

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have iridium plugs? I don't think you're suppose to adjust gap on those. Sorry, don't know if erratic alternator voltage can cause knock senor code but have heard it causing multiple other issues. Iirc bank 1 driver side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasonconway5

jasonconway5

Reaction score
checked the voltage from the pcm to the connector at the connector and it was only reading 0.013 with the key switched on and engine off. is this too low? whats it supposed to read?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Any voltage experts in here?

franksbanks

Reaction score
Where did you get your replacement sensors? Are they AC DELCO's? DURALAST?

What are the part #'s you have?

I’m in the process of gathering mine
Bank 1 is my faulty one as well- but I’m going to replace both while I’m in there.

I did some searches last week and many people highly suggested to get a new harness- maybe your harness is not making sufficient contact to read the correct voltage.

I’m not an expert on the voltage- but I would try and read the other sensor and see what voltage it’s giving.

OP
OP
jasonconway5

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Where did you get your replacement sensors? Are they AC DELCO's? DURALAST?

What are the part #'s you have?

I’m in the process of gathering mine
Bank 1 is my faulty one as well- but I’m going to replace both while I’m in there.

I did some searches last week and many people highly suggested to get a new harness- maybe your harness is not making sufficient contact to read the correct voltage.

I’m not an expert on the voltage- but I would try and read the other sensor and see what voltage it’s giving.

I got the el cheapos from ebay after reading good reviews. paid $25 for both. I replaced one of the harness connectors because the plastic broke the other connector was fine, no corrosion. If im not mistaken, the PCM is supposed to be putting out 5V TO the sensors themselves. Im going to check the voltage at the PCM this weekend after I figure out which wires to test. If my voltage is still too low I was told the PCM could be bad and i'll be replacing that before I go pulling the intake back off.

OP
OP
jasonconway5

jasonconway5

Reaction score
Just going to leave this here for anyone else who may have this problem. Took me alot of time of reading, but sense I got my KS from ebay as well, im going to get some from the stealership tomorrow and see if this is my problem as well as this guys was!
problhttp://www.justanswer.com/gm/73t62-gm-chevy-suburban-knock-sensor-show-code-p0327-p0332.htmlem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84