Pioneer P5200DVD in 2002 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turtlesplatter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all...Happy Holidays.

Got a quick question and I could not find anything using search...

I'm thinking of getting the Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD HU for my brother's 2002 Yukon XL for Xmas. Looking on Crutchfield's site, they note:

"Video receivers with flip-out monitors may not work in this vehicle because of the configuration of the factory dash."

Does anyone know if this is true/will cause problems? I would love to get him the P4200DVD like I have in my F-150 (sorry :hands:) and I've seen the threads on putting a double din in the older models but I am not ready to tackle that right now.

Thanks!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
should work fine, some vehicles have a dash that will over hang and interfere with the flip out monitor.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
It should work just fine, hopefully their are no A/C vents above the screen (can't remember) like in my 07 model. Apart for A/C vents, you're good, I knew someone who had a flipout in a 02 Tahoe.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
it will hit your shifter that about it..
just make sure it is in drive before you try and pop the monitor out

OP
OP
T

Turtlesplatter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it will hit your shifter that about it..
just make sure it is in drive before you try and pop the monitor out

Yeah, I asked an installer at Best Buy and he said the same thing. Luckily, I just found out that he doesn't really want a DVD player so I will just go with a regular audio HU.

Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts