Pics of your dual exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDopirak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been having a hard time deciding what exhaust i want to get from my 09 Yukon. I Google search Yukon/Tahoe Dual Exhaust and other than pics of exhaust kits i don't seem to get a lot of hits. I do not want to be a lot louder than stock and i don't want any drone but i really want dual exhaust at an angle out both sides behind the rear tires. I was wondering if people could post pics of there exhaust set up. A local exhaust shop said it would be around $380 in stalled for cat-back full stainless. I saw Gibson has a kit but i have a coworker who has the single exit and after only one year it is rusting pretty bad even tho is stainless so im staying away from them. I also don't like that stock is 2.75 and the Gibson goes down to 2 1/4 piping.

So please post some pics to give me ideas.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Gibson Extreme cat-back dual exhaust system in stainless steel, and I have no rust anywhere on the system. It has a single 3 1/2" headpipe going into the muffler, and two 3" exhaust pipes exiting the muffler, and 5" polished tips at the end of both exhaust pipes, exiting behind the rear tires.

It is, however, very much louder than a stock exhaust system, so it probably won't meet your specific needs.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the stock piping on the 6.2l is 3.5 or larger in some parts, not sure if they are routed the same. I put on a borla with 3.5 in and 3.5 out, there was really no point in trying to do a full cat back that would be the same size anyway. it's kind of passive/aggressive if I am on the pedal you can hear it but I can't say it has any annoying drone, then again I have ran modified exhaust for the last 20+ years so I could just be used to it.
borla.jpg

Mighty02tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the Gibson system for about 6 months and its not rusting. Sounds great, but quiets down when easy on the throttle. Granted I'm an nbs, but I can still speak to gibson quality.

OP
OP
JDopirak

JDopirak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Gibson Extreme cat-back dual exhaust system in stainless steel, and I have no rust anywhere on the system. It has a single 3 1/2" headpipe going into the muffler, and two 3" exhaust pipes exiting the muffler, and 5" polished tips at the end of both exhaust pipes, exiting behind the rear tires.

It is, however, very much louder than a stock exhaust system, so it probably won't meet your specific needs.

Do you have the awd Denali?? I saw the kit for that and its exactly what I wanted but when I called gibson they said it wont fit the 5.3 regular yukon.

OP
OP
JDopirak

JDopirak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the stock piping on the 6.2l is 3.5 or larger in some parts, not sure if they are routed the same. I put on a borla with 3.5 in and 3.5 out, there was really no point in trying to do a full cat back that would be the same size anyway. it's kind of passive/aggressive if I am on the pedal you can hear it but I can't say it has any annoying drone, then again I have ran modified exhaust for the last 20+ years so I could just be used to it.
View attachment 221350

Ive run straight pipe on everything ive owned pretty much. This if my first "big boy" Vehicle and my wife will be driving this off and on so i feel like it needs to be nice but subtle. A grown man's exhaust. Now when i sell my 11 5speed forester and buy a charger/camaro or mustang for a new "daily" that will be straight pipe haha.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the Gibson Extreme exhaust system, bo
Do you have the awd Denali?? I saw the kit for that and its exactly what I wanted but when I called gibson they said it wont fit the 5.3 regular yukon.
Yes, I have the AWD Denali, and it is the XL size.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
View attachment 221350
Is this quiet? Obviously it has an aftermarket tone but is it extremely loud? I'm doing longtubes, I'm trying to do a Y-pipe then back to dual after the rear axle maybe. Also the collectors on the longtubes is 3in would you know if I should do 3in or 4 inch on the Y-pipe collector? I'm just curious since I am joining 2 3inch pipes if I could make the single side of the Y-pipe 4inches and make the rest of the way back 4inches. Or is that overkill?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this quiet? Obviously it has an aftermarket tone but is it extremely loud? I'm doing longtubes, I'm trying to do a Y-pipe then back to dual after the rear axle maybe. Also the collectors on the longtubes is 3in would you know if I should do 3in or 4 inch on the Y-pipe collector? I'm just curious since I am joining 2 3inch pipes if I could make the single side of the Y-pipe 4inches and make the rest of the way back 4inches. Or is that overkill?
mine isn't overly loud, I can hear it when accelerating but it smooths out pretty quiet when just cruising, I really couldn't comment on changing the pipe size I only added the Borla and took off the rear resonator, my 03 5.3 silverado has 3" pipe catback no resonators and it is noticeably louder than my Denali

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE