Picked up our '15 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmill

Reaction score
Lots of dying wishes lol....hope they all come true. Very sharp truck btw

Sent from under your mom's bed

OP
OP
vp46

vp46

Reaction score
Lots of dying wishes lol....hope they all come true. Very sharp truck btw

Sent from under your mom's bed

Things I love about this rig:

Far better looking than any other comparable tow vehicle out there (Yukon truly is > than Tahoe)...

Using the back up cam to hook up was amazing! - normally no one is there help get me close so I end up guessing (and getting it slightly wrong is tiresome)

The air leveler kicking in... worked well. (I still wish I could turn it off though) - Leveled it was too tall and would hit top of the garage header (it's with in a MM or two from hitting as it was). Too high even with a new 4in drop hitch - I needed to use the '05 Silverado to get it out of the garage first. 6-8in drop hitch coming..

Having the kids in 3 separate places inside the truck far enough away from each other ..... DID FINALLY allow us to tow in peace.

Pleasantly surprised at how well shifted under load in tow/haul mode. (was prepared to go to Manual to get it up hwy 50... didn't need to)

Finally...... got a feel for fuel economy and... the climb killed it as expected.

Going to be a great 4th of July weekend regardless.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great lookin' boat! Time to get your surf on for the weekend!

I've got a Tige Z1 and my Tahoe squats then raises back up nearly 1" after the tongue weight is applied and the auto-leveler kicks in. This one tows way better than my '07 but I'm still getting used to the steering when backing up. The '15 is much more responsive (touchy) than the '07 (in a better way).

P.S. Tige truly is > than Mastercraft ;)....just messing with ya

Last edited:
OP
OP
vp46

vp46

Reaction score
heh! Tige builds some nice boats - we love the 205v for a variety of reasons but it wins mostly because it fits one of the only Mastercraft that will fit in a standard garage. It's 12 yrs old now... and the Yukon makes it look dated! :)

RE: Surf - we do surf behind it but the pocket is small and my 13yr old is the only one that can really go wireless. As such...when I grow up I am buying an x-30 ;)

We are heading out to this spot in 15 mins and counting!

tlsD6CHPu-aojPVESUi5iN8Io0SVZJFCBbBw=w1042-h225-no.jpg

OP
OP
vp46

vp46

Reaction score
Last glamour shot I promise....

This one after a wipe down with Boat candy as I aired her out. Pretty much as good a day as it gets!

PS ignore the make shift Silver Bullet windshield shade...

1937439_10154383827000287_8698804586247615867_n.jpg

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the exact truck I want. New body style Yukon with those exact 22's. I think they are by far the most clean and updated looking oem 22 gm came out with. Very nice boat too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz